Gladiator Tires

EasyRyder

Has anyone heard of, or installed Gladiator tires on their fiver? I am replacing my tires and the tire shop suggest that I use Gladiator instead of Goodyear. They state that they have been replacing Goodyear's with these tires for the last 10 years with no problems. They are LT235/85R16 G 14ply steel belted, not nylon. Cost for these is $170.00 installed instead of $320.00 for Goodyear.

Last edited by a moderator:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I put 4 on my BH in Montana after returning to the lower 48 from Alaska and other points north. My Goodyears, with 15K miles on them, weren't going to make it back to PA on summer superheated highways. Couldn't find replacement Goodyears out west. Bought them at Les Schwab. Definitely a rugged looking tire. Regroovable. Have put 3K mikes on them but still look like they were just installed. My research showed the company makes big truck trailer tires for semi trailers. Though they're made in China the company CEO is supposedly from the BFGoodrich Corp. Les Schwab's cost for 4 tires new valve stems balancing old tire disposal was $930. The Les Schwab tech told me they put these on farm stock trailers with few problems so I figured that says something as most ranchers I see out west live back off the paved highways on dirt/gravel roads and drive like h**l so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whp4262

My BigTex 28 ft gooseneck rated at 24,900 lbs came from the factory with Taskmaster Provider tires on it and I also run them on my Cyclone. Discount Tire sells them at a reasonable price. I have run Taskmaster tires on my other trailers for the last 13 years with only one blowout which was not the fault of the tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk