glass shower doors

jbeletti

...I wonder what it would cost to change out the necessary portions of the door, to use the new configuration?... Trace

Trace, here's what I was told when I inquired about retrofitting:

Unfortunately there is no retrofitting the old and new designs. Specific fabrication to the glass and 1 aluminum component must be done in the manufacturing process.

While I'm not sure if they have a customer service department at this location, I did find this phone number: 800-536-7324 (SEA - Ontario, California).

Jim

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thank you Jim. I'll check it out. That's in my neck of the woods.

Well, we finally got our 2012 3610RE back from the dealer. Tri-shower doors were replaced, and covered by Heartland warranty. We did notice that there is a different latch system to lock the doors open, and the track that the doors sit in is definitely made of a heavier duty metal.

Interestingly enough, there is no longer a towel bar on the doors. I am beginning to think that maybe the towel bar being bolted through the glass door caused too much vibration, hence broken glass doors while driving.

However, to be on the safe side, we are also putting a cable tie lock on the latch as well during travel, just to have peace of mind that the doors won't slam open and shatter again!

jbeletti

While at the 2011 National RV Show Louisville this year, I snapped this image of the new-style Mega Show door latch. Bear in mind this latch is not retro-fittable to older style latches, but I at least wanted everyone to be able to see what the improved latch looks like. And if yours looks like this, it's the new style.

SEA_Mega_Bath_Shower_Door_Latch.jpg

Westwind

I have a 2012 but just a regular shower stall, that is quite the latch, surely that should hold the door shut, but I still feel the original shower stall manufacturer should have made good on the latches that didn't hold.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
After having to replace our door, this is the lock that is on our new door. It is a nice lock and works really well. Glad to see the supplier has made improvements to their product.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I have been using a cable tie and cutting it off everytime.

THEY MAKE RELEASABLE CABLE TIES, USE THEM, OVER & OVER.