GMC to RAM

porthole

Retired
Duane
I am looking at adding this to my truck. It also adds a lift pump with the filtration and water separator. Has anyone used one of these?http://www.xtremediesel.com/pureflo...djustableregulatorquickconnectduramaxlml.aspx

Since we lost our "member" section, I can't find a forum member. But, Springer Dan on this site is extremely knowledgeable on fuel injection in general, the item your linked to, as well as the site that is hosting that link.
Maybe a mod can find his profile.

He would be the one I would ask. Although he does not frequent this site as much since his Cyclone was totaled during Hurricane Sandy.

BTW, Xteme Diesel is about 3 miles from our house

porthole

Retired
Is that a "feature" of an electronic throttle/pedal? Our newer fire trucks have them and they are a PITA if you don't mash it to the floor and then back off. 25 ton truck bucks like a bronco until it reaches speed, otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny John. All of our ALF's have that "feature", but it is the worse on my Ladder.
Had a member from another shift driving one day he sent the 70K bronc a bucking, about knocked me out of the seat. I gave one of those "over the top of your glasses" glare and made him so nervous he had to pull over to get a grip :rolleyes:!

Sounds like what we mechanics call drive by wire issues. The electronic/ pedal same thing. The pedal you press is actually a electronic rheostat of sorts.push accel. Pedal and it send a a signal to power control module then to electronic throttle

My uncle had a Ford 500 acting up. He thought it was trans. problem .Found out pedal switch was problem.still $500 bucks to fix.

JanAndBill

We recently had a recall on my DW's Ford Escape, related to throttle position. Required a software update. Wonder if that may be the case here?

mzcummins

Duane
I am looking at adding this to my truck. It also adds a lift pump with the filtration and water separator. Has anyone used one of these?http://www.xtremediesel.com/pureflo...djustableregulatorquickconnectduramaxlml.aspx

I installed a AD 165 on my dad's 05 dodge about 6 or 7 years ago, probably 50k miles on it and it has been flawless, the only thing I did was upgrade the filters with fleetguard and now donaldson because the ones that come on it still aren't the best but if I were to buy a pump filter setup these days it would probably be a Fuelab. Just my .02

mobilcastle

[quote name="mobilcastle" post=374742]Duane<br />
I am looking at adding this to my truck. It also adds a lift pump with the filtration and water separator. Has anyone used one of these?http://www.xtremediesel.com/pureflo...djustableregulatorquickconnectduramaxlml.aspx[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
Since we lost our "member" section, I can't find a forum member. But, Springer Dan on this site is extremely knowledgeable on fuel injection in general, the item your linked to, as well as the site that is hosting that link.<br />
Maybe a mod can find his profile.<br />
<br />
He would be the one I would ask. Although he does not frequent this site as much since his Cyclone was totaled during Hurricane Sandy.<br />
<br />
BTW, Xteme Diesel is about 3 miles from our house<br/>
I am going to put on a Fass Titanium and forget it. If their pump blows they will send another one out for free
For as long as I own it.