Going to Disneyland

bobca1

um "great" and "210" in the same sentence? I assume you are joking :)
I live in thousand oaks so when my travels take me through Mojave desert (e.g. Vegas or Havasu) I prefer 138 pear blossom hwy to 18
210 is ok very early morning (going east), but by the afternoon its like 101 or 405 or pretty much any freeway in LA (parking lot).
I go to San Diego a lot too have tried 15 to 210 instead of the more direct 5 to 405 but always ends up taking same amount of time 3.5-4 hours on a Sunday afternoon (vs. 2.5 hour drive if no traffic).

I am normally travelling South to Riverside County where my extended family is, and Hwy 58 Tehachapi pass to 395, to I-15 makes more sense to me. My brother in Riverside keeps extolling how great the I-210 from I-5 Valencia to San Bernadino/Redlands is, but it is still all LA urban sprawl to me. I will take the desert over that, besides Tehachapi being an easier uphill pull than I-5 Grapevine.

wdk450

I was quoting my brother, a So. Ca. resident. I don't agree with his preference for the I-210 crossing the Northern LA basin rather than crossing the upper desert West of I-15 to/from the Tehachapi pass. It is also fun to watch the freight railroad through the Tehachapi pass including the famous Tehachapi 360 degree loop.

Tehachapi_Loop.jpg

Mullins

:cool:Well, finally made the trip to Disneyland. I-80 to 395 So. to I-15 So to I-10 to 57 So. stayed at the Anaheim RV Park on Midway Dr.; easy pull through. It was a great trip going and coming back and naturally uphill all the way back to Reno. No problems with 5th and no problems with the infamous TowMaxx Power Kings. kept the tires at the recommended 80PSI. (still don't trust them though) A great time was had by all. Reasonable fuel prices along the way too.:cool: