Good match

Bogger

We have the same truck (mine's a Crew Cab) in an 08 with a 2010 Eagle Ridge 35DSRL (same basic weight as BH3410). It's probably a little too much for some peoples comfort if you are loading it down, but it has been a great combo as far as I'm concerned. No lack of power, braking is great, and stability has been no issue.

If you can't find the specs for the Eagle Ridge, it's because it's obsolete now. :(

Ok, not really obsolete, the name has been changed to an Elk Ridge.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I have a towing guide from GMC that lists the max towing weights for all of the GMC vehicles that are capable of towing. I have scanned it in and will try to attach it to this post. If you check the specifications on the BH3410RE you will see that the GVWR is 14,500 lbs. GM lists the 2500HD with a Duramax/Allison 4WD Max towing capacity for a FifthWheel/Goosneck to be 15,500 lbs. As long as you don't overload your trailer you are well within the GM rated capacity for your vehicle. If you check the tag inside your door jam, it will tell you the max load you can carry in your bed. If you are unsure of your vehicle weight you can weigh it with and without the trailer hooked up and that will tell you if you are with in the limits of the load in the bed. But you are well within the GM recommended max towing weight for your truck. I believe that trailer is a great match for your truck.
I had to load the file as a picture, so open it with picture manager and then you can use zoom to make it big enough to see the chart. The top chart is for tag along trailers and the bottom chart is for fifth wheel/gooseneck trailers.
Fred

Attachments

• Vehicle Weight Ratisg.jpg
    Vehicle Weight Ratisg.jpg
    811.9 KB · Views: 28
good match

I am going thru the same issue with a Big Country 2950RK dry hitch 2285 and GVWR 14,000 When I look at the payload of a 2500 Duramax extended cab standard box 4 whl of 3360 and using 20% of the GVWR for a loaded hitch weight and you add people, fuel, hitch and maybe some additional tools or extra fuel the capacity is exceeded. I have been struggling with this also and feel my best bet is to move to a 3500 SRW with a payload of 3747 and heavier suspension. I am in the same boat, trying to get the best TV for the job. Thought I would pass on my research.