Goodyear marathon tires - now usa made

dfk009

Now that Goodyear is manufacturing the Marathon ST235/80R16E trailer tire here in the USA, instead of China. Just wondering if anyone has tried a set on their Heartland RV? Sam's Club has them available on a special order, at a fairly decent price.

Don

Wharton

We have been using Goodyear 614's for years(or there predecessors) rather than the Marathon. Have never had a blow out since we switched to them. Have your tried www.trailertiresandwheels.com? They usually have the best prices, even with shipping.

GOTTOYS

I'm sticking with my B.F. Goodrich Commercial T/A light truck tires. Trouble free and unlike ST tires they're rated for more than 65mph. No reason to try anything else....Don

dfk009

My Elkridge was built with wheels that have a maxium 80# pressure and Towmax tires designed to carry 3520# per tire and wheel. Goodyear G614 and Goodrich Commerical T/A will ONLY carry 3042# per tire at 80#. This is a far cry from what came out from Heartland. The Marathan's are designed to carry 3420 # per tire @ 80#. So thus the question about anyone using USA Marathan's. I'm not buying new wheels to carry 110# air pressure. This is one of many things you learn after the trailer purchase.

GOTTOYS

My Elkridge was built with wheels that have a maxium 80# pressure and Towmax tires designed to carry 3520# per tire and wheel. Goodyear G614 and Goodrich Commerical T/A will ONLY carry 3042# per tire at 80#. This is a far cry from what came out from Heartland. The Marathan's are designed to carry 3420 # per tire @ 80#. So thus the question about anyone using USA Marathan's. I'm not buying new wheels to carry 110# air pressure. This is one of many things you learn after the trailer purchase.
I have 6,000# axles and my total axle weight is around 9800#. I had it weighed at Goshen, last Summer. I feel I have plenty of weight capacity using my LT tires. In over 11,000 miles I've zero problems with them. They're wearing evenly, ride smooth and run cool. I put them on just after I bought my trailer and got rid of the New Tow Max STs. I will never put another ST tire on with as good as these are working. JMHO..Don