Goosneck adapter?

ronefx

Gooseneck adapter?

We are in the process of purchasing a new Big Horn 3010 & do not have a 5th wheel hitch in our truck. We do have a gooseneck ball already & I was wondering if there are going to be any problems or disadvantages to using a gooseneck adapter instead of installing a 5th wheel hitch? I still pull gooseneck trailers regularly & I am just trying to make it more convenient & less of a hassle of having to remove the hitch, so much. I appreciate your time & look forward to your responses.

Thanks & God Bless,

Ron Emberton.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Re: Gooseneck adapter?

In the past I believe it voided your warranty but there have been some new models that have been introduced that may have changed that. It would be worth a phone call to Heartland customer service to find out for sure. Good luck

lwmcguir

We are in the process of purchasing a new Big Horn 3010 & do not have a 5th wheel hitch in our truck. We do have a gooseneck ball already & I was wondering if there are going to be any problems or disadvantages to using a gooseneck adapter instead of installing a 5th wheel hitch? I still pull gooseneck trailers regularly & I am just trying to make it more convenient & less of a hassle of having to remove the hitch, so much. I appreciate your time & look forward to your responses.

Thanks & God Bless,

Ron Emberton.
Best thing to do is replace the Pin Box with a Goose Box. Works great and you don't have any warranty issues.

Tombstonejim

Here is a discussion from last week.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/33603-2012-Cyclone-3712-Hauling

Eddhuy

I tow the Prowler 29P Ti with a goose neck adapter. Had I known about the Goose Box ahead of time probably would have put it on. It is extremely easy to hitch up, I use a magnetic pole to put on the hitch, and It is very to easy to be lined up first time everytime when hooking up by yourself. Some people say the stress is too much for a regular adapter but the prowler is a good 20 percent lighter than a lot of the Big Horns and that may help.

lwmcguir

I tow the Prowler 29P Ti with a goose neck adapter. Had I known about the Goose Box ahead of time probably would have put it on. It is extremely easy to hitch up, I use a magnetic pole to put on the hitch, and It is very to easy to be lined up first time everytime when hooking up by yourself. Some people say the stress is too much for a regular adapter but the prowler is a good 20 percent lighter than a lot of the Big Horns and that may help.
We have towed all of our 5th Wheel campers with GN adapters, heavy and light. The big problem is stopping fast with the adapter. Most TV's have better brakes than the coaches do so the coach is going to push you quite a bit. That push in an emergency stop may move things a bit more than the frame will stand. If the coach has adequate brakes to stop itself then it is much safer. We do now have a Goose Box as it is the best way to go considering the lighter built frames of todays world.

Last edited: