Grand Canyon SOUTH RIM TT size question

WalkTheLine

So I am trying to reserve a spot at the GC south rim campground. The max trailer size listed is 30 feet. My Prowler is 32'. How restrictive is this? Are they gonna show up with a measuring tape and kick us out?

jimtoo

We stayed in Williams, AZ. It's a nice drive up to the canyon and lots of other places to go to and see while in Williams. There are several nice parks in Williams.

Jim M

SLO

If you’re talking about the campground inside the park with full hookups, the campsites are very large. We stayed in a 36’ fifth and could have been bigger. I would hesitate taking my 40’ there now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WalkTheLine

We stayed in Williams, AZ. It's a nice drive up to the canyon and lots of other places to go to and see while in Williams. There are several nice parks in Williams.

Jim M

Thanks! I looked up Williams and found one called The Train which looked very nice. I may do that.

- - - Updated - - -

If you’re talking about the campground inside the park with full hookups, the campsites are very large. We stayed in a 36’ fifth and could have been bigger. I would hesitate taking my 40’ there now.

Was it the Maher Campground? Just wondering...

jimtoo

Check out Railside RV also. They have something every night, music, burgers also had a free coffee and rolls every morning. Even had a free dog walking person if you were going to be gone a long time. Check to make sure,,, it's been a while.

Jim M

SLO

Thanks! I looked up Williams and found one called The Train which looked very nice. I may do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Was it the Maher Campground? Just wondering...

No. It was the Trailer Village RV Park. Full hookups.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I stayed at the RV park (it was either Trailer Village or Camper Village) in the town right at the south rim (Tunsia, or something like that) when we had our 28ft. Heartland Trail Runner TT and the sites were just about right for that size camper.

The RV park in the South Rim park should handle your Prowler without issue.

There were some huge rigs in there when I drove through the park.

danemayer

We stayed inside the park at Trailer Village in our 39' Landmark. Sites were long enough. Turns were pretty tight. The first site we were assigned had a tree limb that was maybe 11' high. Had to go back to the ranger shack and get a new assignment.

No. It was the Trailer Village RV Park. Full hookups.

I stayed at Trailer Village last year with my 27 foot Lance travel trailer Model 1995. I checked in with the a couple of guts at the gate and never saw them again. The park was plenty nice and very conveniently located.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WalkTheLine

Thanks for the information and advice. Much appreciated! We were able to snag a reservation for a site at the GC north rim after all so we're headed to the north side in September!!!