Gray water tanks

lizjj

We have a 2013 Cyclone 3800. Does anyone know if the front and garage gray water tanks are connected? We have been having kitchen drain issues and after 2 days we finally thought to pull the tank handle in the back. Water has drained out and the smell is gone.
Liz

danemayer

Hi lizjj,

You probably have a 1/2 bath in the garage. I think the sink and toilet both drain into the same black tank in the rear.

When you pull the tank handle in the back, did the water come out of a 3" sewer outlet back by the garage? That would be for the rear black tank.

travis_g

The kitchen and half bath toilet and sink drain to a single tank in the back.

Sent from my Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 using Tapatalk

conradsteph

Our Cyclone 3800 is a 2014 so not sure if its exactly the same. The rear gray tank is fed from the kitchen sink and garage sink. But when you empty the rear gray tank from the rear valve, it empties to the front dump. The rear black tank, fed from the garage toilet empties to the rear dump.

Mizmary

In our 2013 4100 with the rear bath the kitchen goes through the front dump. The rear bathroom is isolated completely and the sink and toilet go into the rear black tank which has a dump handle aft of the slide.

At least that's what we were told. And when I checked (we keep our front greys open and create a P trap wit the hose to keep odors out), I turned on the rear bath sink and went out to listen and feel for water flowing out. I heard nothing. So I could be mistaken but everything I've seen the rear bath is isolated from the rest of the dumps.

Perhaps you have a gas exhaust issue? Where the odors from the tank are venting improperly into the unit rather than out the vent on the roof?

lizjj

When we opened one of the 2 pulls in the back, the water drained into the gray water hose in front and so did the odor!. The black tank in the back has its own dump tank. We are assuming that the back gray is hooked to the back sink, kitchen sink and the front bathroom sink. So far no problems.