Gree A/C Unit

57chevyconvt

I am shopping for a 2nd A/C unit for the bedroom. I found a Gree A/C Unit advertised by Adventure RV Internet Sales, either ducted or non-ducted. Has anyone had experience with a Gree A/C unit. The only disadvantage that I have noticed is the height of 14.7". The Gree units are narrower and longer, but higher than the Coleman or Dometic. This manufacture claims have some longevity in the industry with extensive engineering for their units. I have yet to contact the Gree Company to see where they are manufactured. I also noted that these units carry a 5 year warranty.

Westwind

Don't know if I would want that much height in the front of my FW, it would really jack up the overall height of the front. I went with a low profile for that reason. The warranty is tempting. Is it just on the compressor or all of the AC unit?

Vtxkid

I did a little research on that name brand a while back and noticed it was manufacture in China.

57chevyconvt

Jerry, Thanks for sharing your research on the Gree brand of A/C units and the fact that they are made in China. I believe the 5 year warranty is only on the compressor. Several years ago I purchased a new Dometic Brisk Cool unit to replace one that was on a Mobile Scout TT. The new Dometic unit was made in China and the quality of materials was not that of the older unit made in the US of A. I have decided that I cannot live with the additional height so the Gree A/C unit is no longer being considered. So I guess that it will be a Dometic brand built in China.

Mizmary

FYI. Gree has begun recalling a/c and dehumidifier units anyway. Our dehumidifier that we use is on the "to be recalled but not yet recalled list" for starting fires. So- good choice on going with the other brand.

GOTTOYS

That new low profile Coleman Mach 8 has my attention..Waiting to hear some reports on them...Don

Snow

I know you probably won't go this rt but I installed a portable air in my closet 12000 btu was in Bethpage last weekend the heat index was around 105 and Iam not lying but my bedroom was 74 the whole time , awesome 400$ no noise hardly at all by far the best thing I've to my big country ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

Westwind

I installed a 14K portable in the 2nd floor of our house, I do not like emptying the bucket every 3 hours. Easy installation but you can't get out of the bucket brigade. I wish I had bought another small window AC.
Coleman Mach 8 has my interest also, it's a product that was used in Australia in their RV industry and brought here finally, gotten good reviews, low profile and high efficiency and advertised to be very quiet due to the way it is constructed. Here is the site.

http://www.rvcomfort.com/rvp/products/rooftop/LP_polarCub.php