Greetings from another new owner!

FlyerChief

Hello!

This past weekend, my wife and I purchased a brand new Bighorn 3070rl and we can't wait to take delivery next weekend! We are transitioning out of a Class A MH for a lot of reasons too complicated to list here, but we're really excited about the new 5er. Our coach was a Tiffin and the Tiffin RV network (TRVN) was an extraordinary resource and literally saved us thousands of dollars and lots of aggravation. I was excited to find this owners group and look forward to sharing the knowledge and experience of everyone here.

santafesoul

Welcome to the family, as we are also new 5er owners we have found this forum invaluable! Don't forget to check out the Heartland Owners Club.

jimtoo

Hi FlyerChief,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I too am a EX Tiffin owner. No other comments needed.

Hope you enjoy your new BigHorn, they are really nice units. Check out the Heartland Owners Club and join us in some rallies. Lots of great food and you will make lots of great friends.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

JJOren

Welcome aboard Flyer!! The Big Horn is a GREAT unit. We know you will really enjoy that! Congratulations!!!!!

Nevar

Hello Everyone,
My husband Tom and I are from Arizona and just purchased a new Elk Ridge 5th wheel. Need to practice maneuvering it for a couple of days and then we are off. Anyone else from Arizona?

FlyerChief

Today is the day! We're leaving in a few minutes for the PDI. Hoping for no major problems......we're VERY excited to a
take delivery on the new BH!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bill and Dotty.............WOOOOOPIE. Honk when you go through Murrieta on your way home. Or come by the house so we can see it too.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the new rig! Let us know how it went!

Best Wishes!

FlyerChief

Got it! PDI went pretty well...only a couple of minor glitches that were fixed on the spot. The PDI took just shy of two hours....then another hour or so to fix things and we were on our way. The truck hooked up perfectly and everything was level right off the bat...no adjustments needed. Swung through an industrial area on the way home to adjust the trailer brakes and practice some backing. One minor issue....as I was backing into a driveway, heard a loud noise......and the trailer brakes locked up. To make a long story short, the breakaway cable got caught under a corner of the hitch and the switch popped. The good news is we know the breakaway switch works! Hooked everything back up, got home and got it backed in our long driveway with no significant property damage ;-)

Now we start to load all of the stuff from the motorhome into the BH. Our first short test trip will be next weekend.

We're very happy so far! Thanks for everyone's encouragement.

ILH

I've been reading your posts with interest - I too took delivery of a new 5ver this year. See you 'round thr forum.

cpoores

we are new too.

New to the forum and new to rv'ing. This is our first and we have a Cyclone 3712.
I have backed many trailer , but the fifth wheel is excellent to maneuver.
I have been reading threads and pists lije crazy getting info here...