New Heartland owner from Utah

falk1rk

I have been reading this forum for several years. In 2012 my parents bought a 2009 3055RL and used it for several years. They started doing the snowbird thing shortly after buying the trailer and then last November they bought a new 3270. We were not ready to switch from our bunkhouse yet as we still have one child left at home but my dad offered to sell me the 3055 for what they would give him on trade and I could not pass it up.

We spent the winter doing all of the mods to make it ours. The only thing that had to be fixed was the skylight. During my parents ownership they really had no issues other than a leak in the outside shower.

This forum has been great to read and there is a ton of information. Lots of the mods we did were things I learned about here.

falk1rk

below is a list of the mods we have done so far in making our trailer ours. It took a while for us to stop calling it mom and dad's trailer and start calling it ours.

My mods so far:

Swapped original mattress for new Serta Hotel King
Stick on tiles for bed platform to make making the bed easier
Painted the inside skylight to block heat and sun
Replaced outside skylight that was cracked all over but no interior water damage
Replaced bathroom fan with vortex fan
Re-wired the the light above the door to be on the same switch as the kitchen lights
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Moved the kitchen and living room light switches to the wall above the thermostat[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Replaced the stock thermostat with a digital one from the house[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Moved an ugly battery cut off switch that someone put below the coat closet by the front door to the bulkhead wall in the front compartment
[/FONT]Removed the vent above the stove (way to low)
Put on the stick on tile as a back splash behind the stove
Added a light to the bottom of the cabinet above the stove
Swapped out the original 32" TV and replaced it with a 42" we had in our house that had not been used for over a year
Added the Steadyfast stabilizers (awesome product)
Added the Camco step stabilizers to the outside steps (work pretty good)

Left to do: Replace existing tires with Sailun S637s,

It was a lot of work but we spent all winter doing it and it kept us busy. Note to self, don't buy a trailer in winter, too much time to tinker.

jimtoo

Hi falk1rk,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed as you have seen.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Hope you will consider joining the Heartland Owners Club....Great group of folks and the Rally's offer the opportunity to meet them in person. Hope to catch you at a future Rally.....Safe Travels.

BusManRG

below is a list of the mods we have done so far in making our trailer ours. It took a while for us to stop calling it mom and dad's trailer and start calling it ours.

My mods so far:

Swapped original mattress for new Serta Hotel King
Stick on tiles for bed platform to make making the bed easier
Painted the inside skylight to block heat and sun
Replaced outside skylight that was cracked all over but no interior water damage
Replaced bathroom fan with vortex fan
Re-wired the the light above the door to be on the same switch as the kitchen lights
Moved the kitchen and living room light switches to the wall above the thermostat
Replaced the stock thermostat with a digital one from the house
Moved an ugly battery cut off switch that someone put below the coat closet by the front door to the bulkhead wall in the front compartment
Removed the vent above the stove (way to low)
Put on the stick on tile as a back splash behind the stove
Added a light to the bottom of the cabinet above the stove
Swapped out the original 32" TV and replaced it with a 42" we had in our house that had not been used for over a year
Added the Steadyfast stabilizers (awesome product)
Added the Camco step stabilizers to the outside steps (work pretty good)

Left to do: Replace existing tires with Sailun S637s,

It was a lot of work but we spent all winter doing it and it kept us busy. Note to self, don't buy a trailer in winter, too much time to tinker.

Tell me more about the tile on the bed platform. Is it to make the matress slide easier?

falk1rk

You are exactly right. When I read about it on the forum I didn't think it was that big of a deal until we tried to make the bed the first time. We went to Lowes and bought the cheapest 12" stick-on tiles we could find. It would have been much easier to install them if we had them before we put the new mattress in. Trying to hold the mattress while trying to trim and stick them down was not easy.