Ground Control 3.0 Jack Maintenance

thewanderingeight

Just wondering if anyone does anything specific for their GC 3 jacks? We just had one of our front jacks fail on our 2021 Milestone to the point that I couldn't even use the manual override option. There must have been something binding in the leg as it would operate normally when there was no weight on it, but as soon as the weight of the RV started transferring from the truck to the jack, the one leg would just stop moving and would then trip the 50amp breaker. I couldn't get the ratchet to turn in the port at the top of the motor to move the leg up or down leaving the rig stuck on the truck. Thankfully the campground had a very wide road so people could still get by.

It was an easy fix to swap the leg, but the parts are expensive and I would like to extend their life as long as possible considering this one failed after just 1.5 years. I have searched around and haven't found much information about getting grease to the very inner part of the leg.

Dahillbilly

Just wondering if anyone does anything specific for their GC 3 jacks? We just had one of our front jacks fail on our 2021 Milestone to the point that I couldn't even use the manual override option. There must have been something binding in the leg as it would operate normally when there was no weight on it, but as soon as the weight of the RV started transferring from the truck to the jack, the one leg would just stop moving and would then trip the 50amp breaker. I couldn't get the ratchet to turn in the port at the top of the motor to move the leg up or down leaving the rig stuck on the truck. Thankfully the campground had a very wide road so people could still get by.

It was an easy fix to swap the leg, but the parts are expensive and I would like to extend their life as long as possible considering this one failed after just 1.5 years. I have searched around and haven't found much information about getting grease to the very inner part of the leg.
get the Lippert Communities app & join the group it's free, there they have all types of support from Lippert on the GC 3 system plus lots more info.