Half TIme Oven - Fixed and love it!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
This post just points out again the value of this forum. You can get good advice from other owners and both the factory and vendors monitor it to help in any way they can.

sealman

We have had our 5er there for two years, it is like a vacation everytime we go to the lake. Get to spend about 50% of our time there. The sunsets are awesome. Stop by and visit sometime.
John

Candice

Using the 1/2 time oven

I love the 1/2 time oven. I hope this helps. Say you are going to put frozen biscuits in that take 22 min. at 375 on the instructions. Press the 1/2 time oven button, enter 375 then 11 then start. It will show 14 min. allowing for preheating and after 14 min. from start to finish they are golden brown. Now for the bad news. Does anyone else have to turn off everything including the a/c to use their 1/2 time oven? This oven was a huge selling point for me and I expect to be able to use it with the a/c on. I'm even willing to switch the fridge to gas in the meantime but not the a/c! Anybody having the same problem?

csalmons

Sorry, I pressed enter on there:) Anyway, regarding your a/c running with your 1/2 time, this oven has a 20 amp dedicated circuit, if you have a 30 amp coach, then when you are using your micro, most of your amps are being pulled to the micro. Most a/c units pull 15 amps, this would make it difficult for the a/c to run at the same time. If you have a 50 amp coach and have duel a/c units running you can run into the same problem. It just takes alot of power to run those unit. Most of the time it's worth it, but it can be annoying in the heat of summer. I just wanted you to know it's not a problem or defect, it's just having to due with the amount of power required to operate the unit. If anyone has any other questions about their 1/2 time, feel free to ask :) Thanks!

csalmons

Campboy,
We aren't exactly sure what the draw is on a generator. But we do not recommend using a generator for a few reasons. We know that the Apollo draws 17 amps of power when running. There have been reports from customers that their ovens won't work at all on generators, but work fine when connected to land power. We also do know that generators can send "dirty signals" to the control board of the microwave unit and actually cause the control board to not work and/or to blow fuses inside the unit. Now, these instances don't always happen when a generator is used, but since the Apollo units use so much power it is not recommended to use a generator. Hopefully that information helps you out. Just post or give us a call if you have additional questions. Thank you.

NSNorthtrail

Finally got my new half time oven (They were on back order fpr a couple of weeks). It was my forth one. 1st one-coolong fans would not work, 2nd one- damaged by the courier service, 3rd one- half-time option would not heat (hence the starting of this thread), 4th one- WORKS AMAZING!! I was out all weekend and used it several times. The other families we were camping with were amazed by it as well. They were bringing their supper's over to cook them in it. I cannot believe how well this products cooks the food. It truly is a 1/2 time oven! Also kudos once again to Midwest for their outstanding service.exceptional.
Peter

csalmons

Peter,

Glad to hear that things finally worked in your favor and things are going well now. We are so sorry for the delays on this, sometimes shipping can knock things out of whack but the end result is good! Thank you for your patience and we are very happy that all is going well, and that you are becoming the hit of the campground :) Take care and if you have any questions just give us a call!

csalmons

Hmmmmm,,, can I change the thread tittle to "Yes" now?

Jim M

I was hoping someone would finally say that :) I don't think we can change a thread name, I think we just have to create a new thread. Maybe a more positive one like "I like my Half-Time Oven because..." or "Tips for using the Apollo 1/2 Time Oven".

I would like to be able to share all of the good advice that this forum has to offer like cooking tips and troubleshooting tips. I don't want people only getting on the forum because they are dissappointed or frustrated with the oven. I will leave it up to one of you all to create that "positive thread".

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I love my half time oven too. Kenny got it for my birthday and we picked it up at the rally in June.Did not use it then but while we were on vacation at the lake I sure did use it made a pie cooked biscuits with out burning them it was great I even made homemade bread in mine works great. Kathy:D:D:D

Last edited:

csalmons

Thanks Peter for changing the thread title :)
And Kathy, glad to hear you are loving the oven! It really is a great product. We are very excited to hear all of the good things people have to say. And if there are any questions or problems please feel free to post or send a private message to me. You can always call us at 800-772-7262 to speak with our customer service girl Tammi. Thanks!!

rwoodall

Marshfield, Mo
Hate to bring up bad news about the ½ Time but we are having problems with ours staying on. When we start it from a cold start in microwave it runs for about 2 ½ minutes then shuts down. If we start it up with something already warm or hot it only runs for 20 to 30 seconds. It is like you pulled the plug, the clock goes out and you can’t restart for about 4 minutes. The same thing happens with the ½ Time, it just shuts down.It takes 4 ½ minutes to 7 minutes before it will back on.
<O:p</O:p
Just by reading previous post it sounds like the cooling fans are not working.
Cari would appreciate any thoughts on this or what to do next.
Thanks
<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>

jbeletti

Bob,

Your next step is to make the call to Midwest. They've done a great job of figuring this stuff out and when needed, replacing ovens that have gone bonkers.

Call them in the morning.

Jim

NSNorthtrail

rwoodall,
that sounds exactly like my first oven. It was the cooling fans indeed. Midwest will fix you up perfectly. They shipped a new oven right to my door. Let us know how it goes!
Peter

rwoodall

Marshfield, Mo
Followed the adivice and call Tammi at Mid-Western. She is aware of the problem with the cooling fan. We are on the road and picked out Wichita, KS for her to FedEx box to ship back to them for repair. They will forward the repaired oven to Linn Creek, MO for installation at Quality RV.

She said they would not be sending a new one but would repair this unit. She gave me instructions on how to remove and pack for shipment. It looks like we can get this problem correct.

Will post to this thread when unit is return and hopefully we get to cook that turkey roast in the Half Time.