Has anyone had issues with water leaks in their Heartland Landmark?

JasonShrout

3950 cyclone

The fridge drain crumbled to nothing and has been allowing water to disintegrate the floor by the slide out.
This took me a while to trace. Any thoughts on how to fix this without shop time? We are full timing and don't have any other option than to fix it in place.

danemayer

3950 cyclone

The fridge drain crumbled to nothing and has been allowing water to disintegrate the floor by the slide out.
This took me a while to trace. Any thoughts on how to fix this without shop time? We are full timing and don't have any other option than to fix it in place.

The original hoses that Dometic uses don't seem to have a long life. Some have replaced them with 1/2" clear tubing.

I think the following tip came from Jim McGee:

Remove drain tray from inside fridge, just under cooling fins, small drain catcher under the tray will pull out of fridge from inside. I replaced my hose with a piece of old white water hose. It fits the drain very tight, no clamp needed. I pushed it through the hole to the back of fridge and out to the vent. To keep weight off the plastic drain I secured it to something in behind the fridge that you can reach with a tie wrap. You need the original end piece if you can find it as it keeps bugs out. I left it long enough to have a U shape at bottom (like original was made) to keep air from getting in the fridge from outside. The fridge does a defrost every once in a while, that's what the drain is for, so it will have a little water in the bend of the hose.