Has anyone noticed??

ihsolutions

Re: Has anyone notiiced??

I think the problems are still there. They probably just come and go in waves, though. I for one am on my second set of flat lippert springs, plus have had one broken axle. All this on a 2011 model. Other than some minor leaks my rig has been good.

There was a guy who posted here today about his pex line bursting and flooding his entire rig. So I guess the problems are still out there, but hopefully they are getting better than years gone by.

scotty

I called Heartland Customer Service this morning. From the VIN # I found that the axle and springs are Lippert. I also found that the tires are Tow-Max. I am not certain if these are the Chinese tires or not. We will also be getting a copy of the Build Sheet from the factory. We did not receive a copy of the window sticker when we bought our BC. Hopefully this will list all components, we shall see.

I could be wrong but think the Tow -Max s made in China as are most all ST tires. The GY 614s may be made in US but not even sure of that

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

I called Heartland Customer Service this morning. From the VIN # I found that the axle and springs are Lippert. I also found that the tires are Tow-Max. I am not certain if these are the Chinese tires or not. We will also be getting a copy of the Build Sheet from the factory. We did not receive a copy of the window sticker when we bought our BC. Hopefully this will list all components, we shall see.
Rick, the Tow Max tires are made in China. I don't recall hearing many issues with them here on our forum. heck, lately we've even seen a couple issues with Goodyears. All tires are open to road hazards but the G614's seem to take more abuse and have fewer problems. My little cargo trailer has Tow Max tires and it's frequently used to haul gravel or dirt and it's definitely overloaded. Not quite comparing apples to apples though. Just remember to keep an eye on the pressures and inspect both sides of the tires often for bubbles on the sidewall and the tread.

Razduck

Ray, Thanks for the input. I will indeed keep a very close eye on these tires. We do a fair amount of our RV'ing in the Summer, so heat will be a potential issue.

larneal

We have a 2009 BH. On our way home from Florida last month we had a blow out. The tires are Mission which is made in China. While at the tire shop have new tires installed another 5ver pulled in behind me, also for new tires. His were the G614's. The owner of the shop, who also had a 5ver, told me that trailer tires are damaged when backing sharp. If you've ever backed on concrete and had to cut sharp you can see the stress the tires are under. He said this caused weak spots in the tires and then over time the tire blows. Kinda makes sence. I guess that's why nobody will warranty ST tires.

Larry & Gail Neal
Full Timers
2009 3385RL Big Horn
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dually w Duramax/Allison