Have you been gutted like a deer too?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What would you do?
I would have them put a piece of 1x2 on the inside and run a couple of screws through the Coroplast into that wood on both sides of the cut, then tape it with one of the good tapes already mentioned.
It will not open up unless the screws are taken out.
Or fix it myself in that manor and move on.

Peace
Dave

rono

Just to add a check point to this thread. We had warranty work done on our trailer shortly after we got ours and the dealer had to cut the coroplast to fix the problem. I didn't have any problem till a year later and then the tape they used wouldn't hold. Since that time the coroplast has not stayed together and I constantly have been taping it due to it becoming wavey. Finally after having a blowout damage it further I have gotten it replaced. If a dealer is going to cut the coroplast they need to cut it at a place where there is a cross member or put one in so that it can be screwed to it then taped. Nothing like having an opening so that mice/rats/squirrels can get into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigGuy82

What would you do?

So the dealer is being very stand-up and candid about this which I really like and respect. In addition, they are open to fixing it in whatever manner I so choose. They have given the following options:

1. Overlay the underbelly with a second layer of coroplast covering the access panel which has been cut.
2. Drop and discard the entire sheet of coroplast covering the entire belly and replace with new.
3. Leave as is with the access panel taped closed.

I can think of several pros and cons here but will refrain as I'm more interested in others opinions on what you would do. Your thoughts appreciated...so what to do?

Well, since you asked ...

1. makes no sense to do this if you do #2 below. Why would you want two layers? I see no advantage. No brainer.
2. since they are covering the repair this is the one I'd go with - proper fit, no seams, tight as a drum
3. if I was paying, I'd leave the tape. If properly done, it won't be a problem. You may also want to choose this if you might need future access to the spot where the flap is.