HDMI connected to main TV

rpotter

Our new 2015 Bighorn 3570RS 5th wheel came with an LG tv in the living area above the fireplace and has two HDMI cables connected to it. I traced one of them and found it comes from a wall plate in the overhead entertainment cabinet. The second cable however disappears after going thru the same hole leading up to the overhead cabinet but does not come out the other end. I have no idea where that second cable goes. The Jensen audio system just above the TV has a dvd player however i believe it is connected to the tv by the older legacy RCA type cables (red, white, yellow). Anyone venture a guess on where the second HDMI cable goes. Thanks.

OEFVET

If the rig is satellite ready it may be be for that if you keep the satellite receiver in the bedroom.

jbeletti

I believe that second HDMI is in fact connected to the DVD system.

The RCAs also connected to the TV generally go to a wall-plate where you can connect some other A/V item that uses composite (RCA-type) A/V connections.

rpotter

If the rig is satellite ready it may be be for that if you keep the satellite receiver in the bedroom.

I do have an hdmi faceplate in the bedroom closet but i figured that connected to the cdmi faceplate in the ceiling above our bedroom tv. Haven't tested that theory yet though. Thanks..

rpotter

I believe that second HDMI is in fact connected to the DVD system.

The RCAs also connected to the TV generally go to a wall-plate where you can connect some other A/V item that uses composite (RCA-type) A/V connections.

Ok, i guess that is a possibility. I have never seen a dvd player with an hdmi output.. usually hdmi is only on bluray players.. However we are talking about a Jensen audio/dvd combined device so hdmi out from that device is very possible. thanks..

rpotter

Ok, question answered.. Jbeletti you are correct.. it is an hdmi output connection from the Jensen system.

bobca1

The Sony combo DVD home theater that came with my cyclone has hdmi. So does the Jensen TV. But it was wired with RCA cables thru a wall plate. That is one of the first modifications I did to throw out RCA and run an hdmi, used leviton wall plate with hdmi insert.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have never seen a dvd player with an hdmi output.. usually hdmi is only on bluray players..

I have two DVD players in the house that are not BlueRay . . . but are upconverting DVD players, which use an HDMI out to do the 'upconverting'.

MikeR

I'm curious as to what you're using for internet access while traveling to be able to stream from you're Amazon Fire. We have a Verizon MiFi but only 5 gb of data/month. No streaming for us.

I'm currently using an HDMI junction box for more HDMI outlets--for the entertainment system, satellite, and Amazon Fire. The TV is not WiFi capable.

rxbristol

I'm curious as to what you're using for internet access while traveling to be able to stream from you're Amazon Fire. We have a Verizon MiFi but only 5 gb of data/month. No streaming for us.

You've guessed right--we're currently not traveling, but living in a mobile-home park. We'll be using it as a home base for the next 18 months before following the weather. The rent is only $177 a month plus electricity, which is running $50 a month under my current contract price with the electricity company. So, I contracted with Time Warner for a 20 Meg service, ran the cable through the UDC hole into the main compartment where I have my Modem/Router combination located. The lot is huge (50X100) plus no neighbors on either side of us. I extended the sewer connection and put on a fitting that connects to a regular RV sewer hose. It's very quite here, but I do miss the RV community.

dana22

We have a 2016 Landmark Ashland and i was wondering if there was another way to connect the 47" LG television to the Satellite box other than running it up in the front of the cabinet with it showing. Otherwise we will have to drill a hole underneath the cabinet for the hdmi cable to pass through so it won't show. I noticed the hdmi ports in the wall behind the tv and up in the cabinet hoping it was some sort of a jumper cable to plug the tv and the satellite box into to hook it up, but that didn't work and trying to get an hdmi cable worked down to the Tv through the holes in the cabinet looks to be almost an impossibility. Any advice out there as to what to do other than drilling a hole to run the cable through?

Thanks! Just trying to make thinks look neat!

danemayer

We have a 2016 Landmark Ashland and i was wondering if there was another way to connect the 47" LG television to the Satellite box other than running it up in the front of the cabinet with it showing. Otherwise we will have to drill a hole underneath the cabinet for the hdmi cable to pass through so it won't show. I noticed the hdmi ports in the wall behind the tv and up in the cabinet hoping it was some sort of a jumper cable to plug the tv and the satellite box into to hook it up, but that didn't work and trying to get an hdmi cable worked down to the Tv through the holes in the cabinet looks to be almost an impossibility. Any advice out there as to what to do other than drilling a hole to run the cable through?

Thanks! Just trying to make thinks look neat!

Hi Dana22,

The LM 365s I looked at in June at the factory had a BluRay player above or next to the TV, connected via HDMI. They also had a set of wall connectors, including another HDMI that were pre-wired to the TV so you could hook up a satellite receiver or other device, without taking the TV off its mount.

I'm sure when you plug into that HDMI connector, you also have to cycle through the TV inputs to find the right one. Some TVs can have 4 or 5 HDMI inputs.

The connector group probably looks something like this.
DSC04412.jpg
The HDMI connector is just above the outlet.

dana22

Ok. I used that HDMI port but I will try and see if another input is necessary other than HDMI 1. Hope that was what I was doing wrong. I just knew there had to be another way to connect. Hope it works.

dana22

This tv believe it or not only has 2 HDMI plug ins. One already has something plugged into it so HDMI 1 is the only choice. I plugged into the plug in that you mentioned and nothing happened. I wish it would have worked. Plug directly into the box from the tv and it worked. So I am back to square one again.

danemayer

This tv believe it or not only has 2 HDMI plug ins. One already has something plugged into it so HDMI 1 is the only choice. I plugged into the plug in that you mentioned and nothing happened. I wish it would have worked. Plug directly into the box from the tv and it worked. So I am back to square one again.

If you're plugging into the TV, then you should be able to see if the wall cable is there. Maybe it's not plugged in to the TV, or perhaps it was missed. Take the HDMI wall plate off the wall and see if there's a cable plugged into the back. If so, maybe you can find the other end hanging somewhere. If no, then maybe you can fish a cable through.