Headed for the Hills!

FiremanBill

We are pulling out around 8 in the morning for Misty Mountain Campground in Greenwood VA, near Charlottesville. Looking forward to a great weekend celebrating our Nations Birth and spending time with the DW and 2 of my great kids.

This will be the first trip with our new golf cart loaded in the back of the Cyclone.

FiremanBill

Well we are here at Misty Mountain, not another Heartland in sight. Kind of sad.. Rained a bit earlier as we were setting up. that has move out and the sun is shining. It is very steamy at the moment!

Took the new golf cart out for a cruise to check out the whole campground and it is really nice. Tight spots for some of the bigger rigs like mine, lots of low hanging branches and tight corners in the area we are in. Still, all in all a nice place.

Looking forward to an exciting weekend.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Happy 4th FiremanBill. We had the first Virginia rally at Misty Mountain about 4 years ago, had a really great time that got us going for more, and more, and more ... Someone will chime in with the correct number but I think it was about 12 rigs getting together. I do remember it being rather tight, but then again I had no previous experience to measure that with. Wish that we could join you this weekend but we are celebrating in Williamsburg with some of our family at our timeshare condo. Hot and steamy here as well, but at least the rain and thunderstorms have abated. Have lots of fun. I guess your new golf cart has displaced some of your hanger space.:D

FiremanBill

I do know I don't want to try and get my rig up to one of those spots on top of the mountain! Man that is a steep road!!! The cart does take up some hangar space but it is still manageable. Of course we did not put any of the big ones in with us so the first fly in trip will be interesting. We brought some of the same ones I took to the rally and my son is with us as well so he brought a couple of his too, he is a much better flyer than I!

Sun is out now and second cruise around still shows no signs of any Heartlands so we are representing the brand by ourselves this special weekend.