Heading to Gillette on I-80 through Nebraska you can stop here...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We drove up from Topeka KS to Pine Grove RV Park in Greenwood NE. This is a nice RV park. We stayed beside the restrooms and showers, which are nice. Site 69. Good place to stay a night or two. We only stayed one night because we wanted to get to Sidney NE. Started to stop at Sunny Meadows RV park in Elm Creek NE. It is not much of a park so as we were on the road early it started to rain. As we got closer to Elm Creek NE the weather got worse. The wind grew strong and it was hailing. We were about 30 minutes away and decided if the weather let up or held off we would go on and not setup in the rain. That was 164 miles to Elm Creek and 199 miles to Sidney NE. We normally don't travel that far in one day but this morning we woke up early and decided to hit the road. Lucky we did. We just missed the hail. A person we met in Pine Grove RV was in a Cyclone and was heading to Cheyenne and said they planed to stop at Sidney NE also..

In Sidney NE there is a Cabalas and they have an RV Park. Wahoo.. Head'em out.. We arrive at Cabalas at about 3:30. The wind was so strong, a head wind and going up some of the grades my olde 06 had to drop down to 4th gear and we had to slow down to about 45-50 mph. For the longest time we were in either 4th or 5th non overdrive. Just wouldn't get into overdrive. Just after we arrived the neighbor in Pine Grove with the Cyclone arrived and was caught in Elm Creek in the hail. Said it collected about 4" on his hood by the windshield. It beat up his radiator.

We are in Cabals RV Park until Monday, when we will be leaving to go to Lusk Wyo and stay at BJ's Rv Park for a week.

Before you get to Cabelas check out this thread..
Cabela's Sidney, NE. Retail offer to Gillette Rally Travelers along I-80

Randy found out I had made it here then posted the thread..:eek: I will have a bone to pick with him when I get to Gillette. :cool: May let the air out of his tires or something...:eek:.
If I find him out here I may have to make him find me a steak some where. :angel: They got rid of the KFC already so I couldn't eat there.

So if you make it to any of these places you might find them a nice place to stop for a day or two.

Travel safe and look us up if your in the area.

BC

Pine Grove RV Park
DSC_0530M.jpg

Cabelas RV Park
DSC_0566M.jpg

rjr6150

Hi Bob
Glad you arrived safe and sound. I'm in meeting pretty much all day but will try and stop by Friday. Now if you want a great steak head downtown to a place called Dude's its at the west end of town on HWY 30. Place has been owned by the same family since 42 and it is a great steakhouse. They also serve breakfast which can't be beat for the price.