Hearing some scratching in the ceiling

Kbvols

a33c236f07c2ab9c8a58772d1a208a8e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just be glad you don't have a karaoke mouse . . .

KaraokeHamster.jpg

You wouldn't be getting any sleep!

farside291

They also sell those green cubes that will dehydrate the little dude making him leave to look for water. Doesn't kill them. Least not right away. You could toss a couple up in there as an additional precaution.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Had the pros come today. Also an RV owner.

Basically, he said a bit of what farside291 said. The secret is to find where the came in from, bait them to there with this poison that makes them want water, then the water combined with the poison kills them.

But you want to draw them low, so that they'll look for water outside of the rig. We could put a bag up in the ceiling, but we run a 50/50 chance of them dying in the ceiling, and smelling the place up.

His trained eye didn't see any droppings in the front compartment where I thought it came in, but in the UDC where the hoses go in, and in the back where the 50a hose winds. We put a bag in the basement, one behind the fridge and one in the 50a hose storage (his suspected entrance place). Need to check them daily and see if there's any tearing of the bag where he made the slit. That would mean Mickey has taken the bait and is making his way towards **** where he belongs.

He also recommended keeping those bags there as preventative measure. As I said, he owns a 35' Class A and has mice problems every spring after storing his (which embarrassed and peeved the **** out of him based on his profession of 17 years). As he said, if they're going to get in, they're going to get in.

Appreciate the pics, glad I could give you a chuckle. :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'm a devotee to spraying the frame, jacks, and anything that touches the ground with MouseFree every spring. An application lasts a year and keeps them out, along with crawling insects. It works.

rxbristol

...in the back where the 50a hose winds. :)

I had a good look in that area...wow, what an entrance into the RV. It has a large hole entrance into the belly and access into the rear wall. I'm rigging a can of insulating foam so I can fill those voids and try to prevent entrance. I THOUGHT I had all the holes plugged. The only other KNOWN entrance areas, even though I have them somewhat closed off, is at the hydraulic rams for the slides.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I had a good look in that area...wow, what an entrance into the RV. It has a large hole entrance into the belly and access into the rear wall. I'm rigging a can of insulating foam so I can fill those voids and try to prevent entrance. I THOUGHT I had all the holes plugged. The only other KNOWN entrance areas, even though I have them somewhat closed off, is at the hydraulic rams for the slides.

I made covers for the ram openings from an old inner tube. Cut a slit to a small hole for the rod and used small self-tapping screws to attach it, along with Gorilla tape to seal the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk