Heartland Dealer Release of Liability Requirment

pegmikef

And WHAM! Were looking for another Heartland Dealer, maybe Arizona or Colorado. Anyone that could recommend a honest, hard working dealer that still has honest, moral values, would love to meet them.

Franklin's Big Country RV just east of Abilene off of I-20 is such a dealer. It is family owned and operated and carries several Heartland models including Big Horn. I bought two RVs from them and found them to be very competitive with the on line dealers price wise. Their PDI and follow up service are both excellent. I have never had any of the problems that should have been found by the dealer that I frequently read about on this forum with either of the RVs I purchased from them. They also have a small RV park adjacent to the dealership which is handy if you need warranty work or a trading for a new one. Their service folks came to my site there to repair my B/R A/C under warranty.

http://www.bigcountryrv.com/index.php

Rangelady

We purchased our Gateway from Jack Sisemore Travelland in Amarillo Texas. We have nothing but the highest praises for their sales and service.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have bought 5 new campers over the last 12 years with our last one picked up last April and have never had to sign anything like that. Wonder what had happened at the dealership for them to take that kind of stance.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We bought our first Landmark from Explore RV in Georgetown. We had nothing but headaches from them. Than dealership has closed. I did email the owner of Explore RV (you can do that via their website) and he was more than responsive. I bet you can email the CEO of Explore RV also and let him know of your experience. He was more than helpful for us and is probabl unaware of your experience and what is going on there. We bought our current Landmark from Ron Hoover in Houston and they have been great. Great service department and great sales staff with fair pricing. BTW we have had experience with Baileys in Lufkin and they have an excellent service department. We have talked to several people who have purchased from Baileys RV and have nothing but good to say about them. They are family owned and operated.

Randor

We picked out a unit after looking for over a year, Signed a Contract with Explorer USA, gave them $250 to go get the unit from a different lot and WHAM! When did Dealers start having you sign a Liability Release to purchase from them? We were ready to make the deal, a cash deal by the way on a 2016 Heartland 3160EL and the sales man took us into a room so we could "read along" with a CD explaining that the dealer is not responsible for any issues that may arise with the unit regardless of what the sales people may have promised or offered, or what anyone in service may have told us. If there was anything missed in the PDI or not brought to their attention before we took delivery, we were on our own and we were responsible to get the manufacture to fix the issue. If anyone at the dealer gave us incorrect information on the Proper Use, Maintenance or Correct Function of Controls, If the RV is damaged or someone is hurt, because of what or how they instructed us to use the equipment, they are not liable. I get the fact that it is a Manufacture Warranty and how it all works, this is our 4th RV over the years, all purchased new. They can not tell you or show you how to operate the basics of the equipment incorrectly and not take some type of responsibility for their action. They are getting paid a lot of money for little or no effort. This is what they choose to do in life, take responsibility for your actions and stop throwing blame on someone else. You do not have to turn your hard earned money over to a company that has this type of policy and treat customers this way. Their not the only place selling this product. Take a stand against the "Used Car Salesman" mentality of this and other dealers.

And WHAM! Were looking for another Heartland Dealer, maybe Arizona or Colorado. Anyone that could recommend a honest, hard working dealer that still has honest, moral values, would love to meet them.

RV America in Denver, CO treated me right when I bought my 4150 in March. I've also had great experiences in the past buying from Camping World.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
RV America in Denver, CO treated me right when I bought my 4150 in March. I've also had great experiences in the past buying from Camping World.

Please join the Heartland Owners Club . . . the Colorado HOC is a great bunch!

We just purchased our new 2015 Prowler from 4-Season's RV in Loveland, CO . . . can't complain so far!

tmoore2

We bought a bighorn 5th wheel from Explore USA in Mesquite, Texas 2 years ago and didn't have to sign anything to do with a liability release.