Heartland does a flip flop !

'Lil Guy'

Re: Haertland does a flip flop !

The insignia TV is a pretty good set. Our BH didn't come with the $150.00 bedroom TV with the DVD player but it did have a TV witch was ordered. We just purchased a $50.00 DVD to set on the dresser along with our satellite box.
I ordered mine with the day night shades like in a demo and they were discontinued. Wife likes the current shades better but it wasn't a deal breaker. I addressed this with my salesman and he called HL for the info on the shades. I understand they are installing them again. All of the other options I ordered were installed. My biggest concern was with a good PDI and inspection of all slides , wiring, water lines etc and everything checked out good for us.
As for as your TV, the dealer could solve your problem. On one of our earlier purchases the build sheet showed a TV and it wasn't in the rig. Dealer borrowed it for another rig while on lot. They went to Best buy and bought another one to replace it. Our rigs are rolling parts houses till we pick them up. I personally don't believe there is a quality issue between the 2 TVs. Have the dealer give you a DVD player for the bedroom TV if you can.

wehavefun

We are very happy with our Insignia TV in our Bighorn, actually thought about purchasing one for the s & b. I have a smaller one that I have used as a cctv monitor for 2 years with no problems at all, runs 24/7.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You can't always get what you want . . .

For starters . . . those built-in-the-TV DVD players are junk and probably wouldn't last more than a few months . . . so I wouldn't fret that.

And as far as the LG TV's in the display model . . . the dealership may have put those in there for the show.

I guess the only way to know would be if others with the same trailer got the LG TV's and could let us know.

Anywayzzzzzzzzz . . .

When I bought my 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD in August of 2014 I was looking to get a 2014 model.

They had 2014 1500's galore . . . but no 2014 2500HD's or 3500HD's left . . . ALL GONE!

But they had just gotten their first load of 2015 2500HD's and 3500HD's . . . so that is what I looked at as the 1500's just were not enough truck for our needs (really our wants).

So I bought my 2015 2500HD (first one they sold) . . . I was an early adopter of the 2015 line of Chevy trucks!

Had the trailer package on it . . . great!

Here it is in the service bay the night I bought it (first shot) plus a few more:

NewTruck2500HDsm-IMG_20140822_202351380.jpg NewTruckAtCherryCreek-IMG_20140909_183951592.jpg TruckOnLookoutMountain-IMG_20141010_134015656.jpg RifleCO2014-IMG_2931.jpg SunCityRV-IMG_20150122_173556536.jpg TruckAtGrandCanyon-IMG_3537.jpg

But it didn't have the trailer mirrors.

Three months later while getting the first oil change done I noticed that ALL of the new 2015 2500HD's that they had on the lot had the big towing mirrors, so I asked one of the salesmen (ours was off that day) why I didn't get the towing mirrors.

He got on the computer and looked and it seems that those of us who chose to be early adopters were out of luck as the towing mirrors were not available yet when we made our purchase.

So I asked if I could get mine replaced since the towing mirrors were "Not Available" when I spent close to $50 grand for my truck . . . and they said no.

Even though they were shown to be part of the trailer package and the price for that package on the sticker was the same as mine!

But for around $700 I could get them installed!

I still don't have them yet . . .

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
In our case, in our new BC 4010RD, the invoice listed "heated residential recliners" but the unit we were buying did not have them. The dealer contacted HL and they are getting the correct recliner/loveseat for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr827

Probably a good idea would to have your dealer call the brand manager and ask if any changes are planned before your build date. He was able to give us a answer because they know when changes are scheduled. That was several years ago and might not apply now.
Don

Dumboldles

Satisfied with our Insignia tvs...better than the tvs is our home.

Dumboldles

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We have had an Insignia in our S&B for 4 years with no problems. It came with a 2 yr warranty. We bought an LG at the same time and had to replace it in 2.5 yrs. our Silverado came with a Legend and it quit in 6 months and was replaced under warranty.

nscaler2

A couple of weeks ago and after waiting for two months my wife and I picked up our new 2016 3750 FL Bighorn at the dealership. Because of the late hour of our walk through we didn't realize till the next day our unit had two different TV's than the ones we thought we were getting. The show model had a 55" LG in the living room and the bedroom TV had a built in DVD player. By the way we ordered one just like the show model. What we received was a 55" Insignia TV and a bedroom TV with no DVD player. When I contacted our salesman he suggested we call Heartland customer service to make the aware of this and he would start working on it from his end with the Heartland rep.
Here's were it gets interesting. I talked with SCOTT a supposed manager at Heartland and here is what Scott told me. The short version "too bad" they make production changes all of the time. When they made the show model they were probably using LG and a bedroom TV with a DVD player. When they made our trailer they used different TV's. I explained it wasn't what I paid for and what we were expecting to get and once again heard, there's nothing I can do for you. We gave you a 55" TV and a bedroom TV. We completed the build. End of story!

I feel completely scammed, flim flamed because I'm a big TV guy and was looking forward to have a 55" LG (good quality) TV and a bedroom TV with built-in DVD player. The LACK of compassion from Heartland on this issue took me by surprise as did Scott's attitude about the entire situation. Perhaps a couple of classes on customer relations for Scott would appropriate.

Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks

Although our 3055RL is old (2006), we experienced the same thing 10 years ago. We were shown a 3055rl, which at the time had the one piece fiberglass shower with a seat in it. We ordered one based on that showing. When it arrived, the shower had NO seat in it. We were basically given the same bums rush that you were. Have never really felt good about Heartland since. So, 10 years later they are still doing the same thing. If they were a responsible company, they would notify you of changes that would be made to your order before doing the actual build, so that you could decide whether you wanted to proceed.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
When we ordered our 3055rl in 07 I thought I was getting and out door shower with running hot and cold water I did not get it . We have 3 Insignia 2 in the house and 1 in the trailer have had no problem lot easier to program then our tv that came with it which is Olevia when it comes time we will get another Insignia I am sure

JohnD

When we ordered our 3055rl in 07 I thought I was getting and out door shower with running hot and cold water I did not get it . We have 3 Insignia 2 in the house and 1 in the trailer have had no problem lot easier to program then our tv that came with it which is Olevia when it comes time we will get another Insignia I am sure

Be thankful you don't have an outside shower . . .

They are a PITA . . . not really very useful and just one more place to have remember to winterize and worry about!

I wish that the RV manufacturers would put a shut-off valve somewhere reachable so the owner could turn it off and not have to worry about winterizing it.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Be thankful you don't have an outside shower . . .

They are a PITA . . . not really very useful and just one more place to have remember to winterize and worry about!

I wish that the RV manufacturers would put a shut-off valve somewhere reachable so the owner could turn it off and not have to worry about winterizing it.

Totally agree. Disconnected mine. One less nonessential to malfunction and as you say, winterize

Last edited:

WBG

WBGavin
A couple of weeks ago and after waiting for two months my wife and I picked up our new 2016 3750 FL Bighorn at the dealership. Because of the late hour of our walk through we didn't realize till the next day our unit had two different TV's than the ones we thought we were getting. The show model had a 55" LG in the living room and the bedroom TV had a built in DVD player. By the way we ordered one just like the show model. What we received was a 55" Insignia TV and a bedroom TV with no DVD player. When I contacted our salesman he suggested we call Heartland customer service to make the aware of this and he would start working on it from his end with the Heartland rep.

Here's were it gets interesting. I talked with SCOTT a supposed manager at Heartland and here is what Scott told me. The short version "too bad" they make production changes all of the time. When they made the show model they were probably using LG and a bedroom TV with a DVD player. When they made our trailer they used different TV's. I explained it wasn't what I paid for and what we were expecting to get and once again heard, there's nothing I can do for you. We gave you a 55" TV and a bedroom TV. We completed the build. End of story!

I feel completely scammed, flim flamed because I'm a big TV guy and was looking forward to have a 55" LG (good quality) TV and a bedroom TV with built-in DVD player. The LACK of compassion from Heartland on this issue took me by surprise as did Scott's attitude about the entire situation. Perhaps a couple of classes on customer relations for Scott would appropriate.

Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks

We had a similar experience with our first Heartland which we bought at a Show. Our unit, which we purchased off the floor. had a Large TV. When we picked it up a week later, they had switched it with a Small TV. Was totally not successful in getting the dealer to make this right. Soooo, we took all our service business to another outfit and when it came time to buy a new unit, we did not even take a step on their lot, plus we have shared our experience with everyone we know!

When we bought our second 5th wheel, the dealer told us that they could not guarantee what model TV's would be included in that HL would not be tied down to any specific brand name. We were vey pleased when the unit came with Sony TV's, which have worked just great!

It is really frustrating when you feel you have been scammed. Your dealer should have alerted you to the fact that HL reserved the right to change models at any time. Wish it were not so!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

The insignia TV is a pretty good set. Our BH didn't come with the $150.00 bedroom TV with the DVD player but it did have a TV witch was ordered. We just purchased a $50.00 DVD to set on the dresser along with our satellite box.
I ordered mine with the day night shades like in a demo and they were discontinued. Wife likes the current shades better but it wasn't a deal breaker. I addressed this with my salesman and he called HL for the info on the shades. I understand they are installing them again. All of the other options I ordered were installed. My biggest concern was with a good PDI and inspection of all slides , wiring, water lines etc and everything checked out good for us.
As for as your TV, the dealer could solve your problem. On one of our earlier purchases the build sheet showed a TV and it wasn't in the rig. Dealer borrowed it for another rig while on lot. They went to Best buy and bought another one to replace it. Our rigs are rolling parts houses till we pick them up. I personally don't believe there is a quality issue between the 2 TVs. Have the dealer give you a DVD player for the bedroom TV if you can.

I agree...have had several Insignia TV's...some of the best we've owned...

Your're not the only one to have a dealership rob peter to pay paul, my dealership even put it in the repair order that they did!

JohnD

It is really frustrating when you feel you have been scammed. Your dealer should have alerted you to the fact that HL reserved the right to change models at any time. Wish it were not so!

I understand why Heartland reserves the right to change things at any time.

Since I am currently in the electronics retail business, I know first hand how often models change all the time.

One TV (or stove, water heater, air conditioner, water pump, power converter/inverter . . . ) that is available today may not be available tomorrow.

That is the world we live in today!

Which is why I choose to buy off the lot instead of ordering from the factory.

I find the one I (we) want with the stuff in it that I (we) want . . . then I (we) take it home!

No waiting for months upon months . . . only to be disappointed by something that isn't what I (we) thought it would (or should) be . . .

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
This is copied from the Heartland Website regarding entertainment systems. Nowhere does Heartland specify what brand of electronics will be included.

ENTERTAINMENT & CONNECTIONS

• Computer desk station (most models)
  • Decorative glass door inserts
  • 46˝ or 55˝ LED high definition TV (Depends on model)
  • Pre-wired for Winegard Trav’ler satellite system
  • Residential style receiver with built-in DVD Player, FM radio and BluetoothTM

Hopefully you can get past this small detail and begin to enjoy your new rig. Trace

TravelTiger

Our Insignia 55" went out just 1 week after we took delivery (end of Jan.) Our rig was built in October 2015. Upon research on Insignia's website to find the manual, I discovered it's already discontinued. We'll see what we get from HL as a replacement.

TxCowboy

Erika, when we took delivery of our 2015 LM 365 Key West, we discovered that the two 32 inch LG televisions (bedroom and outside) were both discontinued models. (For clarification, they were both the same model.)

We have already replaced the outside unit with a Vizio Smart TV and gifted the LG to a friend's daughter. Probably won't upgrade the LG that's in the bedroom as we don't watch a lot of television there anyway.

Bones

The only issue I have with the legend is that it blurs sooooo bad with any type of movement.

TravelTiger

Our Insignia 55" went out just 1 week after we took delivery (end of Jan.) Our rig was built in October 2015. Upon research on Insignia's website to find the manual, I discovered it's already discontinued. We'll see what we get from HL as a replacement.

I contacted HL directly, sent them pics as requested, they are shipping the new TV directly to us and a call tag for the return of the defective one. Thanks HL!