Heartland Edge

kbfbn3ks

ALooking for good and bad experiences with the Edge line, in particular the M22. We looked at the M22 model on Saturday. We are going through the pros and cons. After much research, this may finally be the 'right' trailer for us right now with our current TV situation. It has the most room, right weight and seems to be built keeping in mind with a safe tow.

Hard to find any reviews on the web as it is a fairly new trailer, just the past 2 years. Any input much appreciated before we take the plunge.

Thanks !

rick_h

We have the M18 and love it. Only issues we have had.
-Upperbunk weight limit is not realistic so we are going to redesign that when we take it out of storage.
-Upper bunk cupboard doors swing open and hit people below when some one on top bunk - easy fix with a 2 dollar latch.
-Caulking separating sink to wall from shifting/settling whatever - not big deal.
-Could use a little more leg room from table leg to couch - but neat mod here on site for that idea.
-Couch padding flattens real fast at ends where we use them more especially bed end.

But these are all little things. It tows great and has been awesome our first season.

kbfbn3ks

Edge

Some good things to think about. We are looking at the M22. Have to check the weight limit of the upper bunk. Our 10 or 7 year old will probably be up there so shouln't be an issue right now.

Our concern is the "small" bathroom and furthermore the fact that you have to hook up the hose from the bathroom sink in order to get water in the shower stall. Also, the stall is not enclosed so worried about water getting out onto floor and starting that process of water damage.

Otherwise, it sure looks like a nice light weight trailer. We have searched exhaustively for something big enough for the 5 of us, plus potentially a friend for the kids, AND within our Aspen's towing range.

We are trying to get our dealer to "give" us something more too. In figuring out our payments, it is a bit higher than we wanted.

Such a touch decision, especially in this econony, you know?

rick_h

We didn't use our shower at all until this past fall when it got colder. We normally just use shower facilities at the campgrounds we visit. This fall when I didn't want to go from the warm shower out into the cold I started using the shower in the trailer and didn't find it too bad. It is tight for a 6'2" 240 lb guy like me but I came out unscathed ;) And to be honest I will likely use the trailer shower more now unless the trailer facilities are really good. (I am a bit of a snob that way)

I found some water does splash out but it wasn't excessive and I just kept a towel separate towel for the floor that I would hang to dry after. The shower head has a shutoff that make it easier to navy shower as well.

Zeman

I'm in the same boat as the previous poster. Looks as if the M22 would be a good choice for my Honda Ridgeline. Done a lot of looking online and hopefully will look at one in person within a week or so. Any input would be appreciated.

jimtoo

Hi Zeman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M