Heartland Heat Pump

wrayj1

Any comments pro or con about 5er heat pumps? Have seen them listed on Lanadmark models, but they are part of the option package offered by Landmark.

4ever

My in-laws have a heat pump on their class A. Does not work below about 35 - 40 degrees. Above that in there OK.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We have the ac/heatpump combo in our bedroom.It works well but as has already been said it cuts out about 35-40 degrees.

jbeletti

Any comments pro or con about 5er heat pumps? Have seen them listed on Lanadmark models, but they are part of the option package offered by Landmark.

wray,

I did not think they were offered in the LM anymore as an option on the option sheet. Maybe that has changed. If you want one, I believe your dealer can order one through Heartland when you place your order.

I had one in my last Landmark. Actually I had two of them. In practice, I feel one (the main AC) is adequate in most circumstances as the main AC is ducted throughout the RV.

I feel it is worth getting for some climates. I have found that I use mine more than I use the furnace. And as others have mentioned, when there is not enough heat to extract from the air, the furnace may then be used.

Best of luck to you,

Jim

porthole

Retired
Or you can much simpler heat strips, and they will work in any temp. Although they will not supply sufficient heat.

They are retro-fittable to most AC units in the filed.

wrayj1

Heat pumps

It is correct that the heat pump is not offered on the Landmark, but our dealer said they can order them. Our use would primarily be for cooling as we don't plan to spend much time in colder climates. One salesman said he had an older one and that his ran all the time without turning off. Has anyone had that issue?

John T Bettencourt

I tried to order the heat pump in my 09 LM but they told me I could not have the heat pump and the fireplace. I just got the fireplace and was glad I did it works great and puts out good heat and he ceiling fan moves it around.

jbeletti

Bob, I agree with Lynette, especially for the non-full-timer. When you use your rig often, but not for durations that allow you to rent sites monthly, you are then renting (usually) nightly. Electricity is almost always part of a nightly rate. As such, the heat-pump makes great sense. And the way the heat is dispersed throughout the RV makes more sense to me that running 2 space heaters.

In any event, it's just another choice of heating method for some to contemplate.

Jim

Blessed

We have 2 heat pumps in our Landmark. I think they are great. With these heat pumps and the fireplace, we very rarely use our furnace.

sprehoda

Heat Pump/Strip vs Propane

If you were to stay monthly would it be more efficient to heat with a heat pump/strip or run your furnace on propane?

Also, which would be quieter?

branson4020

Icantre Member
If by "efficient", you mean operating cost, then the heat pump will certainly be the lowest cost per BTU (for outdoor temps above 45 degrees or so) and propane will be the highest cost. At lower outdoor temps, some other form of direct electric heat, like the fireplace or portable electric heaters will still cost less than propane.

chloe2

If the Heat Pump is located in your bedroom, it will be as noisy as the A/C unit running. The heat strip is a little quieter because it is not running a compressor. Our Heat Pump puts out a lot of heat (works very well). The one in our bedroom cycles on and off (with fan) but the one in our main area runs the fan all the time in Heat Pump mode. We have Carrier 15K units.