Heartland Mini Rally at Mor/ryde

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Three Bighorns and a Sundance are here for a little work and maybe an upgrade. Funny thing, the satellite view on HOC shows this place appears to have been a sales and service place for trucks in the past. Maybe even a leasing outfit??? I wonder how old the satellite images are.
See ya'll down the road sometime!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We got in the shop by 7AM this morning. We were re-measured for proper spacer sizing and as of now, we are only waiting for grease seals and alignment and we'll be on the road. I had used Chicago Rawhide seals the last time I re-packed my bearings. The seals Mor/ryde wanted to use were nowhere near as substantial as the C/R seals so I requested they use C/R. I also found out I lose my easy lube feature on my hubs/spindles. The spindles supplied with the IS system are not drilled for the grease channels. Actually this is a good thing as it forces me to do actual bearing maintenance as opposed to just squirting a little grease in the hub. My original brake shoes and all the hardware were in great shape so I'll be re-using all that stuff and saving a few bucks. Even the drums were good. I may order those "never adjust" brakes by Dexter for next year when I do bearing maint. Ya'll take care!