Heartland or ????

I am a veteran of the pop up wars. We are on our third pop up and enjoy our 2007 Fleetwood Avalon. Its a dual axle highwall sets up at 29 feet and I can park it in my basement. However, with soon to be teenage girls wanting more privacy and wanting to bring friends it is time to move up.

I have done quite a bit of research online and have visited several dealers in central Alabama and have narrowed my choices down to 4:

Keystone Laredo 303TG
Keystone Laredo 291TG
Heartland NT 32BHDS
Heartland NT 32QBSS

Separate bunkhouse with room is my primary driver. Myself and my wife think highly of the Laredo TG's "tailgate kitchen" which has an additional refrigerator, cook area, pantry and sink easily accessible on the curb rear side. The girls think high on the space and privacy especially on the 303TG and the two NT's. I tow with a Tundra CrewMax 5.7 and the 291TG would not be an issue while the other three are right on the edge considering the tongue weight each adds to my gross vehicle weight on the Tundra.

So while I sell my existing Avalon I am struggling with decision and looking for input. Any comments welcome. I have been "lurking" on this site as well as Keystone sites and I hope Heartland folk have been as nice as they have been ... :)

Thanks in advance again ...

jimtoo

Hi BirminghamLion,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully the family. We have a great bunch of people here, with lots of information. I'm sure someone will jump in soon with some suggestions and comments for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

M

Mcreech

The truck question is a hard one to answer, since everyone has a different comfort level....however, I can tell you that North Trail has a 32BUDS (tail gater version of the 32BHDS) if you like the outside kitchen plus North trail has a TV and Microwave in the tailgater....but if that is to heavy for you I would look at North Trails 31BDSS...This is a single slide quad bunk instead of the 3 bunk the laredo offers....the 31DBSS and 291 are about the same weight.... I hope this helps you.

Mcreech: Can you direct me to some specs on the 32BUDS? I found some pics on one dealers site and a floor plan on another. Am I missing it on the Heartland Site?