Heartland Owners Calendar 2018

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I will be pushing the next calender and will also be trying to get some Heartland bumper-pull trailers in the next one!

My coworkers are always giving me grief because I take so many pictures of my Prowler . . .

Now I've got the 2018 Heartland Calender to show them why!

I'm always taking photos with the calender in mind . . .

View attachment 56053

John, you take great pics! The tough part is picking ONE from each owner. We need more owners to enter to get a large enough group to select from. BTW, there were not any bumper pull entries this time.

Also, its critical to take the very best quality image you can. I sadly had to reject some great pics because they just were not going to reproduce well at the size we needed. (No one wants a pixelated, fuzzy calendar!) When this occurred, I sent a request for better quality images, and some owners were able to find them, so they were accepted. If I got no response, they were not included in the pool for judging.

Start taking pics of your rigs and saving them in a special spot, so you can find them for the next Calendar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
John, you take great pics! The tough part is picking ONE from each owner. We need more owners to enter to get a large enough group to select from. BTW, there were not any bumper pull entries this time.

Also, its critical to take the very best quality image you can. I sadly had to reject some great pics because they just were not going to reproduce well at the size we needed. (No one wants a pixelated, fuzzy calendar!) When this occurred, I sent a request for better quality images, and some owners were able to find them, so they were accepted. If I got no response, they were not included in the pool for judging.

Start taking pics of your rigs and saving them in a special spot, so you can find them for the next Calendar!

Thanx for the compliments!

The whole key to good photos is to use a real camera, and not the cell phone!

Having been a photojournalist for the better part of my adult life I'm rarely without three or four cameras within 20 feet of me! :eek:

I'll use the phone when it is the only camera handy or for reference purposes, but that is about it.

I'll be pushing the next calender on my Heartland Prowler Owners Facebook Page, and anywhere else I can.

And, like I usually do, I'm always looking at where to park no mater where I go with the Prowler to generate a good shot.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Thanx for the compliments!

The whole key to good photos is to use a real camera, and not the cell phone!
Having been a photojournalist for the better part of my adult life I'm rarely without three or four cameras within 20 feet of me! :eek:
I'll use the phone when it is the only camera handy or for reference purposes, but that is about it.
I'll be pushing the next calender on my Heartland Prowler Owners Facebook Page, and anywhere else I can.
And, like I usually do, I'm always looking at where to park no mater where I go with the Prowler to generate a good shot.
Thanks for the tip John. I've got a real good Nikon, but I hardly use it anymore because the camera on my phone is so convienent. Never really thought about the picture quality for publication. I'll keep that in mind. Hope you've gotten your calendar and seen what a great job Erika did on this edition. Really looks great!

JohnD

Thanks for the tip John. I've got a real good Nikon, but I hardly use it anymore because the camera on my phone is so convienent. Never really thought about the picture quality for publication. I'll keep that in mind. Hope you've gotten your calendar and seen what a great job Erika did on this edition. Really looks great!

I haven't gotten mine yet . . . hoping to see them today or tomorrow!

I have five DSLR's (three different brands) and two mirrorless cameras (two different brands), so between those seven cameras I generally have at least one of them with me.

The mirrorless cameras are nice as they deliver the same image quality as a DSLR, but in a much smaller package, yet still with interchangable lenses, and both are roughly the same size as most point & shoot digital cameras.

The shot of my Prowler that is in the calender was taken with an Olympus OMD-EM10, which I carry in my laptop bag everyday, plus it fits under the car or truck seat nicely and out of sight.

When we meet again at another HOC Rally, I can go over your Nikon and give you some camera tips and tricks.

I have taught several camera classes at a few HOC Rallies out here in the wild wild west, so if anyone else has questions about their digital cameras, feel free to look me up!

And since I will be moving into the Prowler full-time before the end of this weekend with my four Mainecoone furballs, I'll most likely be showing up at a few more rallies around the country!

JohnD

The new phone books are here . . . the new phone books are here!!!!!!!!! ;)

Oh . . . wait . . .

The new 2018 HOC Calenders are here . . . the new 2018 HOC Calenders are here!!!!!!!!! :p

Yea!!!!! :angel:

jbeletti

The new phone books are here . . . the new phone books are here!!!!!!!!! ;)

Oh . . . wait . . .

The new 2018 HOC Calenders are here . . . the new 2018 HOC Calenders are here!!!!!!!!! :p

Yea!!!!! :angel:

"Things will start happening to you now" :)

Ducky

WOO HOO!!! After the post office telling me yesterday the tracking number belongs to a container of items (which it did not), and not a specific item, I was not sure if or when I would see the package. So I filed a claim for lost items. Well guess what appeared at my doorstep today, yep, my two calendars.... guess they got off their a** and found them. Great job TravelTiger!! Calendars look great and our rig is actually posted in our Anniversary month....

TravelTiger

WOO HOO!!! After the post office telling me yesterday the tracking number belongs to a container of items (which it did not), and not a specific item, I was not sure if or when I would see the package. So I filed a claim for lost items. Well guess what appeared at my doorstep today, yep, my two calendars.... guess they got off their a** and found them. Great job TravelTiger!! Calendars look great and our rig is actually posted in our Anniversary month....

Yes I checked this morning and saw it said out for delivery! Glad you finally got it!!

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
Calenders arrived Friday. They look great, very well made with nice heavy card stock. A well done to all those involved!

TravelTiger

Thank you all, for the kind words.

We still have some calendars available to ship immediately, if you want one! Check a few posts back for the info on how to order.

TravelTiger