Heartland published weights

sunflower

Nw member today and new owner.Our owners certificate lists the shipped weight 200 lbs. less then the brochure weight??30RLSS.

jbeletti

Nw member today and new owner.Our owners certificate lists the shipped weight 200 lbs. less then the brochure weight??30RLSS.

Your weight will only match the brochure weight if the options are exactly the same. Glad to hear you came in weighing less than the average advertised unit.

Jim

nrps

From the Heartland site:

2010 North Country 26 SRL
GVWR / 10,400 lbs
Dry Weight / 6,756 lbs

From the sticker on my 2010 26 SRL:

GVWR / 10,400 lbs
Max. Cargo / 4,175 lbs
----------------------------------
Dry Weight / 6,225 lbs

The Hearthland site is saying that the 26 SRL is 531 lbs heavier then the sticker on my trailer.

Does that sound right?

I'm I best to go by the sticker on the trailer?

Thanks, Jeff

jbeletti

From the Heartland site:

2010 North Country 26 SRL
GVWR / 10,400 lbs
Dry Weight / 6,756 lbs

From the sticker on my 2010 26 SRL:

GVWR / 10,400 lbs
Max. Cargo / 4,175 lbs
----------------------------------
Dry Weight / 6,225 lbs

The Hearthland site is saying that the 26 SRL is 531 lbs heavier then the sticker on my trailer.

Does that sound right?

I'm I best to go by the sticker on the trailer?

Thanks, Jeff

Sounds right Jeff. Not sure what you expected. Your sticker is "your" trailer's weight as it came off the factory floor. So let's look at what was not included in "your" weight.

1. Battery (dealer added I believe)
  2. Propane (dealer or owner added)
  3. Differences in options "your" trailer has vs. what "example" trailer used online had
That your unit weighed less than the spec online is a VERY good thing. Gives you even more CCC (cargo carrying capacity) than you had planned on.

Enjoy your NC and happy camping :)

Jim

nrps

Sounds right Jeff. Not sure what you expected. Your sticker is "your" trailer's weight as it came off the factory floor. So let's look at what was not included in "your" weight.

1. Battery (dealer added I believe)
  2. Propane (dealer or owner added)
  3. Differences in options "your" trailer has vs. what "example" trailer used online had
That your unit weighed less than the spec online is a VERY good thing. Gives you even more CCC (cargo carrying capacity) than you had planned on.

Enjoy your NC and happy camping :)

Jim

Thanks Jim

Fully loaded trailer is at 7,645. lbs. my 2001 Dodge 3500 Diesel
drw is rated at 9000 lbs to 9500, and I'm using the Tekonsha P3 Electric Brake.

Nice trailer it is...........

Thanks, Jeff

Delaine and Lindy

5th Wheel weight ?????

When we took delivery of our 2010, along with all the other paper work. List of appliance's, Model and Serial numbers was a report of our 5th wheels weight. It was weight on both sides off door and door side, the Landing gear, front tire rear tire and the same for the other side. I know the exact weight. And I then put it on a cat scale and got the weight. It also gave me the number that could be added to get to GVWR, which in my case is 18,500 lbs. I found this weight to be the best tool in aiding us to know our exact weight and also how much we can add. Our Gross weight is over 31,000 lbs for our Truck and 5th wheel, that doesn't include the Chevy HHR which we double tow. GBY...

Delaine and Lindy

Jim you are correct, to be exact out Mobile Suites weight was 15,465 lbs which left us a carring capacity of 3,035 lbs which will give us a total weight of 18,500 lbs. And when loaded for Rving the Suites weight is 17,000 lbs. which when hooked to the Freightliner our Gross is 31,460. So we are under our Gross carring weight by 1,500 lbs in the Suites. We did remove lots of stuff from our full timing days, stuff we really didn't use. For a long time we hauled several hundred lbs of things we didn't really need. As sometimers we refuse to carry stuff we don't use. GBY....

palebluedot

Most RV manufacturers (if not all) are members of the RVIA (Recreational Vehicle Industry Asso.) which sets standards that members must meet in the manufacturing process. It would seem to be a simple matter for the RVIA to require the ACTUAL weight of the unit as it leaves the assembly line to be attached to it. Our 03 Montana had it stickered to the inside of a kitchen cabinet door. There is no such sticker anywhere on our 2010 BH. As stated previously, this is a SAFETY issue and as such should be a primary concern of the RVIA. If you care to express a concern, their website list the number 703-620-6003. Public Relations Dept. is ext. 345

jbeletti

Bill,

Heartland weighs each unit as it comes out of final assembly. In accordance with a 2008 RVIA rule, we produce several decals for each RV.

Please look for a decal on the hinge side of the entrance door jamb.

Then look for a decal outside on the off-door-side of the RV towards the front.

Taken together, you will find the GVWR and the CCC (cargo carrying capacity). Subtract CCC from GVWR to get your unit's weight as it left Heartland's plant.

Jim

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5200&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1253713764 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5201&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1253713764
(click thumbnails for larger view)

biggziff

If you're weighing each unit why not just put a sticker on it that displays the weight of *that* unit? You have the number....just post it conspicuously and be done with it.

jbeletti

Update

I just found out that for the past 90 days or so, our stickers have been updated to include the actual dry weight. No more math!

I will try to take pictures of the new stickers when I am at the plant next week.

Jim