Heartland vs Keystone

Mizmary

Actually walked into a TT we bought at a show years ago to find a couple in there and the women standing on the dinette seat looking at the overhead cabinets....needless to say, had the dealer lock it up!

Here in SoCal people must be animals then. They were ridiculous at the show. And that's where I expect the craziness.

When we were doing our post PDI- final walkthrough - at least two families waltzed into our unit that had a big red "sold" sign on the front and were offended when we told them the unit was no longer for sale. Some people tried to walk in while we were transferring stuff. So-- I don't put anything past anyone anymore. It's more funny now, but it sure was irritating to have to ask a stranger to move so that I could haul a heavy laundry basket full of goods into my new house.

EandJ

I've been to the big show here in Houston a couple times. Never really notice people mistreating anything but that means nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

You must have gone to the high class show. :p

We went to the Boat Show in Houston in January this year because we knew we couldn't make the bigger show the next month. At the time we were looking at a SOB pretty hard and the dealers only model was at the Boat Show. We took our kids but each trailer we looked at one parent would stay outside and play police while the other went in, then we would switch.

The unit that the dealer was pushing hard to sell us - when I walked in the back bunkhouse - there were 4 10-12 year old kids literally swinging off the bunks like it was a jungle-gym. Landing on the bunks below like a trampoline etc. We looked around at it real good, but there was NO way were going to take it. Told the dealer we didn't want it and for some reason that made him grumpy. He tried to pull a few more used car salesman tricks on us, so we ended up about a month later finding the NorthTrail.

If I don't let my own kids abuse my trailer, I sure as heck am not going to buy one that I saw someone else's kids abuse.

Last edited:

Theresau

We went to the CW near Tampa after the 2013 show in Tampa. They had about 7 BC's there. We were amazed at the poor condition they were in. They were filthy - we could barely see the pattern in the vinyl, the carpet was totally worn, and the cabinets were greatly chipped.

We mentioned the condition of the units and the salesman said it's what occurs at the shows. They planned to fix them up and clean them and sell them.

Eddhuy

When we made the decision to purchase our FW at a show, the dealer put a sold sign on it and locked it up. It was comforting to know they took action right away.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
When we made the decision to purchase our FW at a show, the dealer put a sold sign on it and locked it up. It was comforting to know they took action right away.

Until you left the show.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD