Heater quit

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Intermittent failures can be the board. A bad solder joint for example.

My furnace quit last fall, right near the end of our season. Checked everything and finally decided it was the circuit board, which would require pulling the furnace out of the rig to replace. Took it to the dealer and let them do it, along with wheel bearing service. It was the board. They also have the facilities and equipment to bench test it before putting it back in the rig.

meagle

I didn't like going without the heater either. It went out just prior to caravaning with 5 other RV's for a week of hiking and bicycling. The nearest RV repair was 80 miles away so I decided to take my chances since I would have delayed the group if I were to try to have if fixed before we left. Luckily St. George was nice and I was able to use the electric heater to keep comfortable at night. In Ely, on my return, it was 23 and the electric heater could not keep up and it was cold inside!! Happy to have heat again for my next adventure.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I couldn't believe you were going to Utah without a without a working furnace.

I've got one of these (used it in Utah last fall) for the Prowler:

PolonisHeater.jpeg

Got it at Walmart for $35, and it keeps the bedroom and bathroom toasty, but a little small for the kitchen and living room of our Prowler.

There is a larger model that I plan to get and between the two of them should keep the camper warm.