Heater Switch

1adam12

Hello all. I am new to the forum so please forgive me if I have this question in the wrong category. My wife and I just bought a used Heartland Elkridge 35QSQB 38 foot bunkhouse. I just about have everything figured out but am stumped on one feature. Inside the wooden cabinet main control panel, there is a red switch labeled "Heater". It is on the same box where you check the battery level and holding tanks level. I know it is not hot water heater switch as I have another switch for that. Does anyone know what this switch is for? Thanks Adam

jbeletti

Hello all. I am new to the forum so please forgive me if I have this question in the wrong category. My wife and I just bought a used Heartland Elkridge 35QSQB 38 foot bunkhouse. I just about have everything figured out but am stumped on one feature. Inside the wooden cabinet main control panel, there is a red switch labeled "Heater". It is on the same box where you check the battery level and holding tanks level. I know it is not hot water heater switch as I have another switch for that. Does anyone know what this switch is for? Thanks Adam

Adam - I believe it is the switch to use the water heater on propane. The other switch you found for the water heater is likely the switch to use the water heater on AC power.

1adam12

I will check into that. I had one guy guess that it could be part of an Arctic package that would activate heat strips or something to prevent holding tanks from freezing. I have no idea is this could be correct.

danemayer

Here's a pic of our 2011 Landmark control panel. The water heater switches are circled. In between them there's another illuminated wall-type switch for the tank heating pads.

Heartland has used various arrangements for the water heater electric switch and for the Yeti switches, so yours may be different from mine.

Attachments

• Control Panel Annotated.jpg
    Control Panel Annotated.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 57

olcoon

On our 2011 27RLSS Elk Ridge, there is a household type light switch, and the switch part is red, this is for the electric side of the hot water heater. There is also a rocker switch labeled "Heater" which like Jim said is for the propane side of the hot water heater. There is also another rocker style switch inside the panel on the outside where you gain access to the hot water heater, it's not labeled, just has on off on it. Both switches have to be on to operate the heater on the electric side. Also if you want to heat water faster you can use both electric & propane. Another thing is DO NOT turn on the electric side of the hot water heater unless there is water in it.​ If you do it will burn out the electric heater real quick.

1adam12

Yap that makes perfect sense. It has to be the LP switch for the water heater. Thanks so much for the help.