Heavy Rains

Kbvols

Scottyb huge difference before and after. It's always amazing the destructive force of Mother Nature. I hope all stay safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There are mandatory evacuations for about 400 including the Bishop's Landing RV Park in Willis TX as there is a fear of the earthen dam collapse at the Lewis Creek Reservoir along Longstreet Rd. The Reservoir is used as a cooling pool for the Reliant Energy power plant. Part of the earth along the dam has already collapsed and they are trying to 'shore it up'. Also a small tornado hit an apartment complex in Southwest Houston. Major damage to several apartment damage but only a few minor injuries. More rain to come although it has stopped for now. We are staying in Willis at the Park On The Lake on FM830. We are not in the evacuation zone.

Chippendale

George, was the washout at Blanco State Park or at a private park? We're in our S&B up north in Johnson Co. It's raining hard early this morning and appears to be from here to south of San Antonio. We've had 15 inches of rain so far this month. You guys be safe! If you're on high ground, just stay put!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure, the TV had a hiccup just about the time she said where it was. But I am thinking it was the Blanco Settlement RV Park http://blancosettlement.com/location/ because their RV spaces are right down on the river. We stayed there one time and I thought at the time that the spaces might be a little close to the river. It is a nice small park. We are on high ground, at Alamo Fiesta in Boerne, so, except for some wet lawn chairs, etc everyone is fine. Today is dry out day because tomorrow more flooding is predicted.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are waiting on the weather yall got last night George and what Houston got this am. The tornado in sugarland went over a fraternity brothers house before it touched down. I am just about done with this rain. They are saying the Sabine at dewyville will crest somewhere near 30'. Flood stage is 24 and they have to release water at Toledo bend when it reaches 172' as the d a m n will not hold. It has been hovering around 173-174 with all gates open.

jmgratz

We are waiting on the weather yall got last night George and what Houston got this am. The tornado in sugarland went over a fraternity brothers house before it touched down. I am just about done with this rain. They are saying the Sabine at dewyville will crest somewhere near 30'. Flood stage is 24 and they have to release water at Toledo bend when it reaches 172' as the d a m n will not hold. It has been hovering around 173-174 with all gates open.

Sounds like Lake Livingston. All of the dam gates are open and the Trinity river downstream is flooding Liberty. Yall be careful as more rain is coming tomorrow. BTW they gave the all clear for those who evacuated at the Lewis Creek Resvoiur dam. They have been working on stabilizing and reinforcing the dam for the last several days.

jassson007

Sounds like Lake Livingston. All of the dam gates are open and the Trinity river downstream is flooding Liberty. Yall be careful as more rain is coming tomorrow. BTW they gave the all clear for those who evacuated at the Lewis Creek Resvoiur dam. They have been working on stabilizing and reinforcing the dam for the last several days.

We're good where we are but others will not be as fortunate. They go through this every so often and in fact they flooded out couple months ago as entergy was not able to generate electricity so they opened all the gates up to relieve the pressure.
Glad y'all are safe, let me know if we can do anything for y'all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scottyb

Today, tornadoes all sides of Austin. One was on the ground from east of Fredricksburg to Horseshoe Bay near Marble Falls. 6 hours of continuous TORNADO WARNINGS in our viewing area. Austin is seeing some major flooding on Shoal Creek. The worst since the Memorial Day flood of 1981. A small upstart business was inundated in that flood, and nearly went out of business. You may have heard of them. WHOLE FOODS MARKET, was located at 10th and Lamar. We slept through that flood Didn't know it happened until the next day. No internet, cell phones, or weather alerts. Today, we watched live broadcast as AFD performed swift water rescue in a Zodiak. Looks like there will be many more of them to come as the storms progress to the east.

scottyb

OK, it is not Lake Bastrop. It was a 7 ac lake in Bastrop State Park. It was evacuated so not flood victims.

jmgratz

Here we go again. Severe Thunderstorm Warnings, Tornado Warning, Flood Warning. Wow when will this ever end? Where is Noah when you need him. We are about 1 1/2 hour in and about 2 more to go till this passes. Very heavy rain, much lightening and thunder. Strange how thunder will shake the whole RV. But God is good as the rain was much needed. We do pray for safety in this storm though.

jassson007

Now we are getting what yall got earlier Jim. Heavy winds and rain. Along with some lighting and thunder thrown in for good measure. This is worst we have had in awhile.

jmgratz

Southwest Houston go almost 11 inches of rain last night and there is widespread flooding. We are north of Houston in Willis right now and go around 5 inches. Lots of water but no flooding here. It is still raining though. Houston schools are closed this morning. Anyone planning on traveling through Houston today might rethink their plans. Tomorrow should be better. Stay safe.

olcoon

We were thinking we had it bad! We've been getting rain, what we think is excessive, but nowhere near the problems other parts (Texas) is getting. So far no tornados or high wind in our area, but South of us had one a couple of days ago, with only 1 home damaged. Supposedly after this week, the rain "should" be gone! Just hope it's all over before we leave for the rally!!! Hang in there it'll get better!

jassson007

According to long range forecast it is supposed to rain here every day until the day we leave for the rally on the 5th.

pegmikef

Now the leesor rains we are getting here in West Texas are looking more like a blessing compared to the horrific rains in east and north Texas.

jassson007

Well I finally figured out why so much rain has fallen in Texas lately...

c0833da6271c0d1369ea3fb1419a9156.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well I finally figured out why so much rain has fallen in Texas lately...

c0833da6271c0d1369ea3fb1419a9156.jpg

That explains it! Lol!

Tonight we had another 4 inches at Lake Leon, south of Ranger, TX... Including a tornado warning...The lake went from 6 feet low to overflowing just a week ago, and we've had numerous days of rain, more predicted. I know it's not as bad as other places in Tx, but now I have to watch to make sure it doesn't come up to our site!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432701533.808799.jpg See the lake in the background, about 50 yards from us.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, Roy, you are right. Neither is this Gateway, also at our park! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432755621.207960.jpg

Water rose 3+ feet due to storms last night. We decided to move... We were not in danger of flooding like this rig that had a prime spot backed onto the lake edge.;)

But the roads inside the park were getting covered in places, so we (and many others) decided to move out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432755802.446956.jpg

BTW, the Gateway owners showed up moments after that pic and got their rig out safely.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432755901.624388.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1432755929.972138.jpg