Height of Unit with 2nd Air

dieselengineer

Charter Member
The PA turnpike have a number of bridges that are arched shape, so on the side the clearances are below 13' 6". Need to watch the signage and drive according.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sorry it was Penn I was thinking about. We travelled both the same day and many it was scary the number of low clearances in Penn. Dont get on the shoulder on those arched bridges. I remember seeing one that was 12'11" but that was the shoulder height.

azbound

I checked with Camping World this morning and unfortnately they do not know when they will be able to get the low profile units (something about the factory). They do have the regular size units available (Dometic Duo Therm Brisk Air 13500). We are going to be in the camper quite a bit in August and think we will really need the 2nd unit. Right now the plan is to take our camper to Camping World in Colfax, NC (200 miles from home) on Saturday and drop it off and pick it up later in the week or the following Saturday. I am hoping it will not be TOO HIGH. Does anyone know how high the Tunnel is in VA.?

Before I settled for the Regular size I would check with the local RV places and see if they have or can get the Low Profile. Not sure why CW is that important being they are 200 mile away. Considering the fuel and inconvenience I would really check locally for the Low Profile.

Just my opinion,

timdebs

That is where I purchased my heartland. I also have to get some warranty issues to get taking care of, so I was going to knock 2 birds out with one stone. But after reading the comments I am really concerned about what my actual height will be. I don't understand why cw can not get low profile. I checked with local guy here where I live and he said he could have one next week no problem, but it will cost about $200 more.

SilverRhino

If you are looking for a Dometic AC or any A&E awning hardware........the factory and warehouse for these items in Mexico.....burned to the ground in April! All they keep saying about shipment is......"it will be a couple of weeks" ....know this because we were waiting for awning hardware when we traded in our previous unit a few weeks ago! Supposedly they are trying to re-tool a plant in the US to pick up the slack and get products moving again.

WilmanJim

Just got finished loading the 2010 Bighorn 3670RL, Full Time ready and with a Carrier Low Profile bedroom air setting on level concrete it measured 13' 1/2" and the rear air was 12' 11 1/2". That's is hitched up ready to go with the trailer setting 3/8" lower in front than in the rear.

Jim

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
BH with lo-profile BR unit

Our BH measures 12 ft 7.5 " exactly with the lo-profile 13.5 over the BR. Our building is 13 foot to the underside of the building, so we had to have precise measurements as well. :)

porthole

Retired
I am going to measure my BH while I am stopped here. I have the same questions as the OP. Another addition to that question is... How do you measure your trailer height. You need two persons of course.

I was thinking of taking an 8ft 2x4 attaching a tape measure to it and get on top of the trailer with a level. Extend the 2x4 over the side, get it close to level and have person no. 2 read the height to the ground.

I know if your hitched it would give you a better measurement but my trailer is level when connected, so if it is level at the site I should have a good measurement.

Any comments??
BC

I used a LASER and tape measure.

Set the laser on the AC unit and easily read the tape, used that number as it includes the laser height (about 2.5")

I got one of these LASER's off of eBya for $25, like new.

http://www.mytoolstore.com/berger/mp5.html