Hello from Germany

slchrissy

Dear all,

my husband and I will move on end of year from Germany to the States. And we will live our dream as fulltimer in a rv. For the last two years, I spent a lot of time on my PC to search for the right rig. Now we are sure that we found we love => the Bighorn 3185RL with a dogde 4x4, 3500 RAM, short bed.

On our next trip in June, we'll visit Heartland Factory for a tour, but we got no answer how to plan this. Please, can you help us on our way to become an Bighorn Owner?

With love from Munich, Germany
Chrissy & Peter
and 2 black Mini Schauzers

jimtoo

Hi Chrissy and Peter,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and soon to the family of owners. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure the dealer you order the unit through can help make arrangements for the factory tour. If not, I would call Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 when you get here and I think you could make arrangements with the factory your self.

Meanwhile, enjoy the forum and again, welcome aboard.

Jim M

cjbearden

Visitor
www.elkhartcampground.com

Welcome to the forum. The Elkhart Campground is where many Heartland Owners stay when they come to the factory. The owners are friendly and accommodating. Best wishes for your plans to purchase a Heartland product. C.J.

Boca_Shuffles

If you are coming in June, you might be able to stop in at the Rally June 15-19th.

My wife and I had our BH3055RL for two whole weeks before we went to the rally in Goshen in 2009.

truknutt

Committed Member
Welcome to the forum. Are you Armed Services connected? If so, AAFES has their New Car purchase partnership program available overseas. I got a great deal on my Harley and my Ford F-250. If you're in the market for a New Ram Truck it may be worth looking into. Enjoy your tour of the factory, it was very enlightening for us.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I remember from my three years in Germany (68 - 71) that many Germans liked to camp along the rivers and in fields near them. Mostly tents and small trailers, nothing as big as the behemoths we pull around. Those were some good years. I hope you enjoy touring the USA. If you do run into problems, this is the place to come for help.

slchrissy

Thanks, we enjoy the forum very much and learnt a lot. And we make our mind which Bighorn we would like to buy. But there is one thing I need your help. We'll like to join the Heartland Factory Tour on 31th of May, but we have no dealer to make an appointment (sure I'm from Germany) and the factory did not answer on mails. It's difficult to call from Europe becauce of time difference and costs. What should we do?????

Thank you for help :)

jbeletti

Christine,

I have passed your email address to the Bighorn team. I expect that you'll hear from them soon.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
And as you begin your travels around the USA, don't forget the H.O.T.E.L listing in the Tools tab at the top of the page. If you run into a problem, call someone. We've put our names and contact info there because we're willing to lend a hand.

pegmikef

Greetings from Texas and welcome back to the land of round door knobs. Our last tour was in Augsburg, Germany and while there we had a German Caravan (travel trailer) and used to pull it to Italy in the summers. We loved camping there although it was more like parking in KOAs with all the European campers, but we got to see a lot. That was in the late 70's.