Help changing AC unit

MIKEGELLO

Hi everyone
Does anyone know how to access the main bolts that hold unit to roof? This is a central ducted unit with no square grill and I see no access point at all in the roof panels
Thanks Mike

Gaffer

Go to the manufacturers Web site and look at the installation manual for your model.

justafordguy

So your A/C has no cover on the inside where the filter goes? I just had mine changed out last week and the 4 bolts were right under the plastic cover where the filter goes. 6 screws (two have plugs covering the screw heads) hold the plastic cover on. Took about 15 minutes to change out the unit.;)

MIKEGELLO

Nope no square cover. And no access plate of any kind. I'm waiting now for heartland to call me back. From what I gather it's all done from the outside

MIKEGELLO

Just talked to someone at heartland. They said it's all done from the outside. Will see. I'll keep you guys update when the new unit arrives. Thanks

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Sounds like these are "Whisper Quiet" units. Best bet is installation manual, second best talk to Heartland Customer Service.

MIKEGELLO

They are whisper quiet units. Dealer tech called me back today. He said the 4 main bolts are lag bolts self taped into the aluminum roof frame and to be carful tightening not to strip them. I'll keep everyone updated when I install the new unit.
Thanks all for you advice!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
They are installed from the roof. Take the cover off and you will see the lag screws holding it to the roof.