Help: Intermittent slide & hydraulic jack deployment

rcpj

There are in the front by the pump... little tricky I was told... but they told us pump or that, but turns out the slide outs are bent..somehow... time will tell.. good luck

rwustrack

I could be off base here but if the factory recommended breaker is 30 amp and it is being tripped a 50 amp breaker didn't solve the "problem" it merely masked it at least for now.

danemayer

I could be off base here but if the factory recommended breaker is 30 amp and it is being tripped a 50 amp breaker didn't solve the "problem" it merely masked it at least for now.
I'd agree with you except that I think most of the larger trailers use a 50amp breaker for the hydraulics pump. My first thought is that someone put the wrong breaker on, either at the factory or at the dealer.

Jimsryker

All this time I thought it was a possible safety feature when retracting the landing gear. Much like the moon roof on the TV stops just shy of closing to spare fingers. Mine has always stopped at the same spot and only when retracting. Take my finger off the switch and reapply and it retracts fully. Just like the moon roof. I started to suspect things at the last rally when another 3010 owner did not have this "safety feature". Haha. This thread confirms I need to do some poking around.

BLHFUN

I had the same issue. Replaced the breaker with the same results. Turned out to be my pump was intermittent and not a week or tripping breaker. It's being replaced as soon as it shows up. Mine was a 50amp, but not the issue.

pro668

BLHFUN, did it happen right away on your new 4200? I just picked up a 4100 and it happens when I put up the jacks, but thought it was because of the cold weather.

BLHFUN

BLHFUN, did it happen right away on your new 4200? I just picked up a 4100 and it happens when I put up the jacks, but thought it was because of the cold weather.

Mine started tripping around 4 months in. - Cold weather can have an affect on the fluid and/or Pump causing it to trip, so I would just watch it until it warms up. I did however take Dan's advise and bought two Spare Breakers for that complete breaker failure. Cheap Insurance and easy to change.

BLHFUN

Yours had a 30A and you replaced it with a 50A right? Where did you find the fuses located on the coach?

Mine was a 50 and I replaced it with a 50 - Which wasn't the issues. They are Located in the Front Generator Area and will be mounted on the Back or Side wall. - They should have Red Covers- Kill Power to the Breakers, Then trace the power from the pump to he Breaker ( PUMP is Also Located in the same area ) Remove both Power connection from the threaded Studs and Both screws holding it to the Wall and replace. these breakers cost 6 bucks, probably spend double that in Fuel to take it back it the Dealer. I would try this first.

I had the same problem. The inline resetable fuses
Had become weak. Replaced them and problem solved.
They should be located between your positive cable and
Hydrolic pump connection

pro668

Great, thanks. Any idea where to find them? I tried O'Reilly's, Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, and local auto parts stores. No one had anything like it.

Jimsryker

I've looked at mine and see no breaker with a reset button. My landing gear have always stopped at the same point and only on retraction. It's only one leg because one side fully retracts and then the other. Stops at the same spot. Release the switch and reapply and it retracts fully. We don't get cold out here... It's been mid 70's to 80's. So I don't thing it's cold temps causing this. As always, I guess I'll keep poking around.

branson4020

Icantre Member
I've looked at mine and see no breaker with a reset button. My landing gear have always stopped at the same point and only on retraction. It's only one leg because one side fully retracts and then the other. Stops at the same spot. Release the switch and reapply and it retracts fully. We don't get cold out here... It's been mid 70's to 80's. So I don't thing it's cold temps causing this. As always, I guess I'll keep poking around.

The 12V circuit breaker for your hydraulic system should be a 50A AUTO-RESET breaker - no reset button. The only manual-reset breaker in your rig should be between the battery and the 12V fuse panel/12V converter.

Sandpirate69

Ok, I'm having the same issue. It now occurring with the slides & the landing gear. I will check later & see which one it is.
Thank you

BLHFUN

Just picked up the 4200 from camping world. New hydraulic pump and new 50 amp breaker. Walked up to the unit and hit auto level and it failed within 10 seconds. I'm concerned with just changing the breaker to 80 amp without having the wires checked for size and compatibility. It's headed back to the factory at the end of the month for other issues and I hope they can figure it out. I'll advise when we get the fix identified.

Last edited:

oscar

It happens more often in cold weather. Mine is fine when the mercury is above 60..... Under it will quit once or twice per operation. (Landing gear only, no problem with the slides.....)

BLHFUN

I think I agree. It was 72 here on Sunday and we had it out Cleaning. From the Storage, Truck, House, back to truck and Storage again.. It didn't fail once. When I picked it up from the shop it was about 28 AND I believe the batteries may have been a little week from spending two months at the dealer.. Both items would/Did have a affect -- I think! - It may be fixed after all??? I'll keep watching and advise on any Change.