Help! Need Advice on Defective 2015 Cyclone 4200......

Jubillee

Hello All, posting for the first time here because of total frustration and disappointment since taking ownership of our Cyclone in April of last year. We ordered a 4200 as soon as they were revealed in the beginning of last year and took delivery in April. I assume we were one of the first 4200s off the line because of how poorly our RV was built. We have been 5th wheel owners for a few years and had a Keystone Raptor (velocity edition) previously. We never has a single problem with our Raptor so this is a new and painful experience for us.

Since taking delivery of our 4200 last April, it has been in the shop getting repairs and warranty work for over 8-9 months all together. It is currently in the shop again now and has been for 6 weeks. We have been working with our dealer for a couple months now about getting us out of our defective unit and into a new 2016 (that hopefully has more quality control measure in place). But between Heartland and our dealer, they are still trying to stick us for $10,000 to get out of ours. I do not see how that is possibly fair since we've only been able to use ours for a few months in the past year and everything on it seems defective.

******* we really are disappointed in Heartland and would just like for them to make it right.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Jubilee,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum, although I'm sorry it's under these circumstances.

The warranty on your RV covers repair of defects, but doesn't offer any remedies other than fixing the defects. I'm guessing that Heartland is on board with getting things fixed, but if there's some type of disconnect on getting it fixed, and you haven't already done so, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. I would expect they can assist in getting everything straightened out.

Btw, I've edited your post to comply with forum rules.

OEFVET

Jubillee,

Can you please explain what your issues are?

Listing them would give others a better understanding of what type of problems you are experiencing.

Jim-Lynn

Jubillee; Have you contacted Heartland, or just working with your dealer? I have a 4200 and have had a few issues, some small and a few bigger ones. We were looked after, through the customer service department at Heartland 100%. There comment to me was it they are aware of the problem, "It will get fixed". I am really sorry you are having problems, I know from experience this can be frustrating to say the least. My suggestion, is to have faith in Heartland and give them the chance to correct the problems, usually through a dealer. Keep us posted as to how you are making out - the 4200 is a "great rig" and I am sure once the problems are corrected, you too will be pleased.

Jim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Contact HL directly as not all dealers tell the truth about whats going on. Have your VIN# handy and as calm as you can explain whats going on. HL is very easy to work with.

jayandhisgals

Good luck, we bought a Cyclone 3712 in 2012 brand new and have had nothing but heartache and headaches. Everything has gone wrong from the landing gear to the toilet. Over 150 repairs thus far and counting. I understand your frustration. We feel this is the worst purchase we have ever made and now we are stuck with it. Keep fighting as long as your warranty will allow. After our 1yr factory warranty ran out Heartland basically washed their hands of us. ***. Hope your luck is better then ours.

Last edited by a moderator: