HELP - slide room ceiling water leak

rbigler

Took delivery of a new 3760 and there is water dripping from ceiling in master bedroom slide. Water is dripping from the small led light fixture on right side of slide ceiling (and no where else). Any idea's on where to look?

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Re: HELP - water leak

Hi rbigler,

Congratulations on the new Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure some of our owners will have some thoughts on what to look for with regard to the water in your slide.

Check out the Owners Club; membership is free and gets you into local rallies anywhere in the country. Take a look at the EVENTS tab at top of page to find out what's coming up near you.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

A couple of questions.
Is it raining? If so, inspect the top of the slide and look for any holes or gaps at seams of the material.
If it's not raining and you are using your rig in cold weather it could be condensation.
Slide toppers?

Peace
Dave

rbigler

A couple of questions.
Is it raining? If so, inspect the top of the slide and look for any holes or gaps at seams of the material.
If it's not raining and you are using your rig in cold weather it could be condensation.
Slide toppers?

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave. I'll check it out.

mlpeloquin

If water is leaking in the slide roof, then the leak is in that roof. Water will travel down hill to the lowest point, so you need to get up and inspect all fasteners at the top of the slide including the ones at the top of the slide sides. The water sweep should be flush to the top of the roof and have no gaps. If you have level up, for a temporarily tilt the trailer so that water will not run towards the inside. Don't use RTV Silicone to patch, but Dicor sealant.

rbigler

Thanks very much! Also, do you know what the conventional wisdom is on slide out top covers? Good / bad thing?

jnbhobe

Thanks very much! Also, do you know what the conventional wisdom is on slide out top covers? Good / bad thing?
I wouldn't be without slide out cover's

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wdk450

A substantial portion of your purchase price goes into funding your warranty repairs. If indeed the trailer is new, I would call Heartland Service immediately (See the upper left of this website's portal page for contact info). Beware of water intrusion that can cause significant damage to your wood stud framing and wood wall materials through dry rot.

Last edited:

mlpeloquin

First thing I did after the first rain with lots of noise from it was get slide toppers. Would not be without them.

sengli

To each his own on the slide toppers. The roof shouldn't be leaking, just because he has no toppers. I have them on my rig, but really not sure I would get them again. They flap in storms.