Help with Coroplast Question

brianlajoie

Not sure where this belongs. Sure if it is in wrong place, it will get moved.

I was under the trailer today to fix the coroplast that is sagging. The sagging is between the front axle and the dropped box. There are pockets/gaps along the side I feel need to be sealed. The coroplast is flush with the frame, so no way to attach it to the frame with self tapping screws and washers. I used some foam last year and thought that I could now use some Flex Seal spray to seal the foam, but there is still a quarter inch gap that cannot be bridged by the spray. Since coroplast is not attached to the side of the coach, more foam does not seem to be a solution.

I'm thinking if I clean the frame and coroplast, maybe I could use 8" or 12" Flex Seal tape???

Has anyone had this problem and came up with a solution? I leave for a long trip next Saturday, so I looking for a quick solution (replacing the coroplast is not an option at this time).

jbeletti

Not sure where this belongs. Sure if it is in wrong place, it will get moved.

I was under the trailer today to fix the coroplast that is sagging. The sagging is between the front axle and the dropped box. There are pockets/gaps along the side I feel need to be sealed. The coroplast is flush with the frame, so no way to attach it to the frame with self tapping screws and washers. I used some foam last year and thought that I could now use some Flex Seal spray to seal the foam, but there is still a quarter inch gap that cannot be bridged by the spray. Since coroplast is not attached to the side of the coach, more foam does not seem to be a solution.

I'm thinking if I clean the frame and coroplast, maybe I could use 8" or 12" Flex Seal tape???

Has anyone had this problem and came up with a solution? I leave for a long trip next Saturday, so I looking for a quick solution (replacing the coroplast is not an option at this time).

Brian - this is the stuff: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SSGAZG/

If you will be in COS this week, I can give you 8 feet of it from my roll.

wdk450

Jim:
Looking at the "Scrim Shield Repair Tape" on Amazon that you linked, it is listed as 4" x 180' for $70.40. But then listed below in the "Frequently Bought Together" section is another listing for 4" x 108' for just $29.49. Is this the same stuff for such a difference in price???
I am repeating the link for the reader's convenience: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SSGAZG/

Eric1234

Good evening

i took my underbelly off off recently for some repairs. When I reattached it I had some gaps as well. I used some black gorilla duct tape on my gaps “tough and wide 2.88” x 30 yard roll” I have been two trips since then approximately 1,500 miles and haven’t had any problems.

hope this helps

Eric

hoefler

I second the Gorrilla tape. I cleaned the surface with alcohol, and it sticks like nobodies business. I used it when replacing dump valves 4 years ago, still stuck there.

oldelmer1

To fix my sagging, I got some metal conduit, 1/2 inch, flattened the ends and drilled a hole in each end and took out the bolts holding the coroplast in place and put the conduit up using the same bolt and hole.

Of course you have to cut it to length.