here we go again, water in the basement

caissiel

I opened the access door to the basement this afternon to clean up to go to an other trip and the basement was flooded again.
This has happened for the 3rd time in 8 months. But this time was on the curb side and the line to the washing machine was driping cold water.

It was leaking behind the wall and no way to see where the leak was. After a good search I noticed 3 bradnails through the c/h water pipe hole and one was right through the cold water pipe and water was dripping at the location. I was lucky not to have leaks in both lines because the nails were long enough to puncher the other line.

Anyone can see there are lines going through, why would anyone drive those bradnails so close to a plastic pipe.

Well I went to the hardware store and bought the parts to repair, and they did not have the rental crimper on site, and here I was on a saturday afternoon and no tools available. The price of repair parts was not much but the trouble multiplies on the weekend.

Then I remembered I bought a Clamptite wire hose clamper and proceded to do the repairs. Replaced the line from the washer cold water valve to the first elbow. The repairs are done but with luck.

Now I know why we have to go back to the dealer for stupid repairs, its not to find out how badly these trailers are build.

P.S. We do love our unit but the modern method of building these units scares me. Our previous 15 year old unit was a much better build unit without a water leak in 13 years.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
They (Heartland) do a VERY poor job of routing water lines. I took mine apart and ran them above the floor. They are one of the worst for this!!!!