Hi all, new Cyclone owner and new HOC member

FiremanBill

Hello, We just took delivery of our new 2013 Cyclone 3110 last weekend and joined the Owners Club last night. Looking forward to some warm weather and getting the new rig out for some fun.

We are in the Yorktown in the Colonial area of the Commonwealth. I retired from the USAF back in 2001 and stayed here at Langley to take a Civil Service position. Originally from East Tennessee we try to get back there as often as possible.

We traded in our 2005 Trail Cruiser 5th wheel on our new Cyclone and feel like we have really taken a giant leap forward. So far we are really impressed with our unit. Can't wait for our first big raod trip in April to South Georgia.

Nice forum here, been browsing for a few days now and have found tons of great information!

Bill

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 61

olcoon

Welcome to the family & forum! Have you thought about joining the club yet? They have just started a new deal where you can have a trial membership for 1 year for the magic price...free! Click on the Owner's Cl tab at the top in the blue bar to get info & sign up. Also check out the Events tab also at the top in the blue bar to find out about any rallys coming up you might want to attend. The National Rally is coming up in June, and it is a blast plus with the seminars you can attend educational & enjoyable. There are a great bunch of people on here who are friendly & helpful.

thibideau

Bill

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Club and congratulations of you new Cyclone. Like you said, tons of information. Try to attend some of the rallies if possible.
We are also waiting on the warm weather so we can hit the road and make use of our cyclone as well.
Enjoy you new unit and travel safe

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Hi Bill, welcome to the Owners Club, and congratulations on your 2013 Cyclone. I have sent you a PM. Hope to meet up with you soon.

TXTiger

Welcome. I agree with Roy about attending the National Rally and going to the seminars. I bought my Cyclone last May and went to the National Rally at Gillette in June. Attended as many seminars as I could and learned a ton. Never had an RV before or pulled a 5th wheel. The seminars were great education. Also reading the posts on this forum is a wealth of information. As a side benefit you will meet a lot of great people at all the Rally's.

ILH

Hi Bill - when doing your forum reading, don't ignore the Road Warrior postings. The models are very similar except trim levels and options.

truknutt

Committed Member
Welcome to the family and the club! Congrats on your 1st retirement. :eek: Consider joining us in Goshen this June. You really will glean some awesome information and meet all kinds from all over!!!

FiremanBill

I would love to get to go to Goshen, It sounds like a great time. Don't know if I can swing the time off but it would sure be worth it.

Will watch the Road Warrior threads too, it was down to that and the Cyclone when we were looking. We really liked both of them. It basically boiled down to the colors of the interior for my wife! She's happy, and we all know what that means!!!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels" and Welcome to the Club. Hopefully we will see ya'll and the new Cyclone soon at a rally. Enjoy and travel safely.

FiremanBill

Thanks, We are both originally from Knoxville, Well I'm from Newport but graduated from HS in Knoxville, my wife is from Knoxville. When I retired from the USAF we stayed her in Virginia for the work mainly. Hope to return home for good one of these days. Most of our family still lives in the East TN area.

I have a little over 6 years to go to retire a second time, this time from Civil service with the Air Force. Maybe then we will settle back there. I keep looking for land each time we go visit the folks. If we find the right spot we will buy a piece to call the homestead.