Hi from another Newbie

ThomasG

Hi, my name is Thomas and we (my wife Petra, our 3 Australian Sheperds and i) are the proud owners of a brand new 23ft North Country Trail Runner Edition camper since yesterday :rolleyes: It's a 2011 model and we got a great deal on it. This is our first camper and we have no clue what we are getting ourselves into. On monday august 27th we are going to start our first camping trip to Banff AB and we are very excited. We thought about buying a camper for quite a while and since the hotels in the area we want to go this year, are very expensive and charge a high amount for pets extra(15-25$ per pet/night!) we decided to buy a camper. We couldn't find a used one that we liked and so we bought the new one. Towing vehicle is a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 crew cab short box. I hope everything goes well and this will be one of many positive experiences to come.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thomas & Petra, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. We have many fine Heartlanders north of the border. Enjoy your new North Country.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". Have fun & travel safely.

wdk450

ThomasG:
Welcome, and I hope you can bring your computer with a wireless internet connection along "Just in case". WE'll be here for you if you need technical help.

JJOren

Hi Thomas and Petra! Good for you! I'm sure you will enjoy the North Country! That is a great rig! You have some fantastic experiences waiting for you in the future....and realistically speaking, maybe a few you could do with out...LOL But, we're sure you're really going to have a great time!!...Good Luck!!

jbeletti

Hi Thomas and Petra. Congrats and welcome! Wanted to let you know that we now have a chapter of the Heartland Owners Club in Saskatchewan! Yep - here's a link to the Sask chapter forum: //heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/295-Saskatchewan-Chapter

Don and Janina have not yet planned their first rally - but it will come. Consider joining the club and attending some rallies. A great time of fun and learning.

CTD2005

Hi Thomas and Petra. Congrats on the purchase of your hotel on wheels, and welcome to the Heartland family! I forcast lots of fun times to come in your future! :)

ILH

Hi - nice to see more Canadians in here! First trips are always the most fun - because you fly by the seat of your pants! Be sure to ask lots of questions.

ThomasG

Hi - nice to see more Canadians in here! First trips are always the most fun - because you fly by the seat of your pants! Be sure to ask lots of questions.

Well, technically we are not canadians yet :rolleyes: but working on it.