Hidden Valley RV Resort Milton, Crazy J's Campground Marion, Pineland Campground Arkdale

CliffP

Has anyone stayed at these Wisconsin Campgrounds? We are planning trips to each this summer and it would be great to know what to expect and if there are any local attractions we shouldn't miss. Thanks!
Cliff

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Cliff, We've not stayed at any of these but we live near Pineland. From what I've heard, there are lots of kids and activities for them. I also hear the adults do some partying as well. Depending on your interests I can suggest a couple places to try.
Near LaCrosse in West Salem is this place http://www.neshonoclakeside.com/ there is also Goose Island County Park just south of LaCrosse.

CliffP

Thanks Ray!:) We're staying at Pineland in June. My son races BMX bikes and he's going to race in Wisconsin Rapids that weekend. We stopped at Neshonoc lakesides booth at the Madison RV show. They're on our list of places to stay "one of these days".

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks Ray!:) We're staying at Pineland in June. My son races BMX bikes and he's going to race in Wisconsin Rapids that weekend. We stopped at Neshonoc lakesides booth at the Madison RV show. They're on our list of places to stay "one of these days".
What a coinkydink. We actually live in Rapids. Now if you're just looking for a place to park the rig with a full hook up, there's a little place behind a motel called Cozy Inn. We spent 2 summers there before making our decision to buy a house in Rapids. There is also a County Park. The county park is North Wood County park. Lake Wazecha. No full hook ups but electric sites and I think some have water.

Cozy Inn is about 5 minutes from the BMX park. I think it's http://web.cozy-inn.com/rv.html but not too sure. Depending on the weekend, we might be able to get together. We'll be going to Gillette so not too sure of the time frame on that. Have Fun and good luck at the races.

I just checked their rates at Cozy Inn. $35 a night. A bit high for the area but still close to the BMX park.