Hitch Lock

berky

Has anyone found a hitch lock (the socket on the A-frame) that fits the 2-5/16 hitch used by Heartland? I have a North Trail 26LRSS, but I'm asuming the same coupler is used on all lines. I had a Reese lock from my old trailer that I liked, but it's "U-bolt" is too narrow for the larger coupler. And the hole in the NT's coupler latch won't accept any padlock.

PeternLiane

I bought one at Bomgaars that fits my 22FBS perfectly. It does has some more room to move. It has a curved U-bolt.

berky

I bought one at Bomgaars that fits my 22FBS perfectly. It does has some more room to move. It has a curved U-bolt.

You bought a Reese lock that fits? Or you bought a different brand? Does your 22FBS have a 2-5/16" coupler?

I looked through Bomgaars web site briefly, but couldn't locate any coupler locks. Their web site seems to be organized by brand name. Would you the brand name of what you bought?

PeternLiane

You bought a Reese lock that fits? Or you bought a different brand? Does your 22FBS have a 2-5/16" coupler?

I looked through Bomgaars web site briefly, but couldn't locate any coupler locks. Their web site seems to be organized by brand name. Would you the brand name of what you bought?

I'll have to look for the brand name. The package said 2" to 2 5/16". Because of our HOA our trailer doesn't get to stay with us. Our papers say 2 5/16". We're camping this weekend so I'll verify it.

berky

Thanks to all of you. I've bought a few items from etrailer, but I guess I was not looking hard enough. Looks like both of the locks will work. The order goes in tomorrow. Thanks again.