Honda eu7000is generator

h6bak6

I am about to buy a eu7000is generator that has a 120v 240v switch. It has a 4 prong 30 amp plugin that you use an adapter to get the 50 amp plug on my fifth wheel. I have concerns about 240v going to my Big Horn but have read that the electrical box in the RV splits the 240v into two 120 v's and this generator will power both ac's and most everything else. Anyone have one of these Honda eu7000is generators?

danemayer

Hi h6bak6,

You'll want to be very careful how you connect the generator to the coach.

This generator looks like it has a 4 pin receptacle that may supply 30 amps at 120V on each of two hot lines. The key word is "may".

You'll need a custom adapter to connect your RV plug to the 4 pin receptacle and you'll need to make sure it's wired correctly to provide 120V to each leg of the RV, along with neutral and ground. If you inadvertently feed 240V down each leg of the coach, you may cause thousands of dollars of damage.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Two of the guys we tailgate with use them and line Dan says they do have an adapter to get correct power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdb2047

I just connect this model generator for my son. It does give you 120/240v,the voltage readings would be 120 to neutral on each leg(phase) 240 between legs. Your most important connections are the neutral and ground be sure they are correct.Barring a failure in generator you should not have a problem. A properly wired RV 50a receptacle is 120/240v.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

That's the one I use and have never had a problem running both a/c on my 2014 San Antonio and the power management system on our 2015 Newport. My eu7000 runs our campers without a hic-up

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, forgot the San Antonio had the Onan genny on-board. It was the 2010 Pinehurst I used the eu7000 with. One of the reasons I didn't get the generator with the Newport was because I knew I had the eu7000 and didn't want to spend the extra money when the honda genny was so quiet and did everything I needed it to do.

JanAndBill

Hi h6bak6,

You'll want to be very careful how you connect the generator to the coach.

This generator looks like it has a 4 pin receptacle that may supply 30 amps at 120V on each of two hot lines. The key word is "may".

You'll need a custom adapter to connect your RV plug to the 4 pin receptacle and you'll need to make sure it's wired correctly to provide 120V to each leg of the RV, along with neutral and ground. If you inadvertently feed 240V down each leg of the coach, you may cause thousands of dollars of damage.

Maybe this will help explain. View attachment 50-amp Service.pdf

Vasquez

We are looking at this as an option as well. We have a 2016 Big Horn, with 2 15000btu a/c's. Do you have the same size a/c's? Did you get this generator, if so how is it working for you?

szewczyk_john

I purchased some items from a heartland that downgraded to a smaller unit. One of those items was a cable that screwed to the RV inlet but had a 30 amp plug on the other end, eliminating the need for the adapter. He made it so cheap that I just had to buy it. I use more often the nI thought I would because it is so much lighter that the big 50 amp wire. Tried finding one for a buddy and had no luck. It looks like a campco product and it is that bright yellow color that they use but I never found one. Maybe this was custom made.

avvidclif

I purchased some items from a heartland that downgraded to a smaller unit. One of those items was a cable that screwed to the RV inlet but had a 30 amp plug on the other end, eliminating the need for the adapter. He made it so cheap that I just had to buy it. I use more often the nI thought I would because it is so much lighter that the big 50 amp wire. Tried finding one for a buddy and had no luck. It looks like a campco product and it is that bright yellow color that they use but I never found one. Maybe this was custom made.

I have one I made up and use it most of the time until summer gets here and I need 2-3 AC's. A lot easier to wrestle around

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have one I ordered from camping world. I use it when I am running my Hondas as I have a 30' 30 amp cord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk