Honest info wanted

phranc

Jim , you just gave me an idea. As my stool room is right in back of the 'hall' closet where the pump switch is located , perhaps I can put another switch in the stool room . On the BH we only have one pump switch. It would be convienent for those quick rest area stops....

jbeletti

phranc,

Happy to inspire! Go for it, take pictures and post it all in the Bighorn section to inspire other Bighorn owners.

Thanks,

Jim

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Hi Stella
It looks llike Scott and Jim tired to address all the issues you are having. I to have a Grand Canyon, and have had problems, most the same as yours and some more serious. I have a couple of things to add to the coments already made.
First and formost as Scott stated, the slide outs are made to be adjusted. I have been on the road since March of this year, and trust me the slide outs to shift when traveling, they are big and heavy. I had some bug problems with one slide at first and several dealers attempted to adjust them. While at the factory, Scott had Lippert, the manufacturer, adjust and replace several gear packs. These were damaged by a dealer who will remain un-named, but did not know what the %&$* they were doing. Learning to adjust them took me a lot of time and patients, but has come in handy on the road.
The other problem that they did not address was the desk area for a laptop. It just is not tall enough to allow a laptop to fit. Hopefully Scott will read this and make a change. I cut the face frame down about one-half inch and lowered the slides. This solved that problem, and as Scott stated, I do not, nor does my wife, want to see a bunch of cables on the desk area. So the outlet under the cabinet works nicely.
As for the drawer slides. I replaced all of mine with the type that the factory now uses. The only draw back is that I also had to install the latches to keep the drawers closed while in transit. You should be able to obtain the slides through any cabinet supply store, not Home Depot of the such, because they will not carry the metal brackets needed to attach the slide to the back of the cabinet. Accu-ride is the brand I used and I believe they are available on the net.
I hope this helps, and hope you continue to enjoy your fiver.

Glenn

Stella

Rally Survivor
Thanks for the responses,

Obviously Scott knows who I am, or he just assumes I stay in the midwest. However, as a full time camper might occasionally do we are heading to Arizona the middle of October. So I once again state, a unit this large needs two air conditioners as a point to reference when buying a FULL TIME rig. We did not order our unit or it would have been there to begin with. It will be on prior to the trip.

In regards to the desk I was only making a comment based on another post. I have to date not used the desk as a desk. When I use my laptop I sit at the table or take it into the campground office to go online. The pullout drawer would only work with the laptop if I plugged a supplimental keyboard into it. I have found the chair is at the table therefore thats where I sit.

Since I seem to get such a response I'll ask the question about laundry. I have a Splenided 2100 washer/dryer combo and I just love having it. My only real problem with it is everything is wrinkled (and I do put everything away right away). Would it be possible to put a separate dryer in the front closet? I know most people would rather have a tv in the bedroom but given a choice I would have put a stackable washer dryer. I'll give up closet space but it just doesnt look large enough.

Cheryl

I don't agree that a 2nd air conditioner should be standard. If ours had a bedroom air conditioner, it wouldn't fit in our garage. Yes, some people, especially full timers, want and probably need the 2nd air conditioner, that's why it is an add-on option. It should remain so. That way, the customer can decide for his/her self if it is needed/wanted.

Tom of Ypsi

Stella, We have the 2100 Splendide and have the same wrinkle problem. We usually dry the towels and stuff we do not care about wrinkles completely. This usually takes another dry cycle, maybe 15 minutes or so. The clothes we want wrinkle free we dry as much as possible then while still a little damp hang them on hangers and put in the shower area on a clothes rod until dry.
There is a member on rv.net, also a member here with no posts though, who put a seperate LG washer and dryer in their Landmark. They put one unit where it is designed to go and I believe they put the other unit in between the bed and shower removing the drawers and reworking the area to work to what they want. Try and give hamptonmermaid a shout on rv.net. I know they were fulltiming so it may be hard to get ahold of them.