Hookup for blackwater tank flush

JohnnyR

Have a 2012 Cyclone 3950 toyhauler with 1 1/2 baths. Bought it used and the manual does not fully answer following questions:

1. Does the blackwater flush system flusk both the front and rear blackwater tanks (rear being for the extra half bath in the garage), or just the front tank beneath the master bath. My guess is only front. I assume it's only for blackwater or does it flush greywater as well.

2. There are 2 hose fottings in the incoming hose panel I cannot identify. Wanted to include a picture but seem to be photo/PC challenged today. So here is description. At top of cabinet is incoming city water fitting and fresh water tank fill cap. Those were self explanatory. Just below that is the compartment for spray port hose. Just below that is another female hose fitting , a light switch, and the winterizing valve. What is that female hose fitting? Is it for the winterizer or tank flush? Then below that is a smaller 1/2 dia hose that can be pulled out or extended out of the trailer. Which of these last 2 are for the blackwater tank cleaner? That last one has a female fitting that does not fit standard male hose fitting.

Sorry for the long post but really will appreciated advice/info offerred.

JohnnyR

Miller0758

Have a 2012 Cyclone 3950 toyhauler with 1 1/2 baths. Bought it used and the manual does not fully answer following questions:

1. Does the blackwater flush system flusk both the front and rear blackwater tanks (rear being for the extra half bath in the garage), or just the front tank beneath the master bath. My guess is only front. I assume it's only for blackwater or does it flush greywater as well.

2. There are 2 hose fottings in the incoming hose panel I cannot identify. Wanted to include a picture but seem to be photo/PC challenged today. So here is description. At top of cabinet is incoming city water fitting and fresh water tank fill cap. Those were self explanatory. Just below that is the compartment for spray port hose. Just below that is another female hose fitting , a light switch, and the winterizing valve. What is that female hose fitting? Is it for the winterizer or tank flush? Then below that is a smaller 1/2 dia hose that can be pulled out or extended out of the trailer. Which of these last 2 are for the blackwater tank cleaner? That last one has a female fitting that does not fit standard male hose fitting.

JohnnyR

To the best of my knowledge -

1. only the front black tank is flushed. Not rear tank and not grey tank
2. the second female hose fitting is the flush connection; the smaller diameter hose that pulls out is to put into antifreeze bottle to winterize. Instructions should be found inside the door.

Hope this helps

Bksvo

Re: Blackwater Tank Flush

The Blackwater flush is for the front tank only. I added a blackwater flush to my rear tank before I ever used it, and routed the hose fitting inside the rear valve door. What you are describing for the UDC doesn't sound like my 3800 at all, so I'm sorry, can't help with that.

You might try looking in the tools tab for the owners manual. Also, on the door of our trailer is a sticker that points out what everything is. I didn't notice the silly thing for 6 months because it was usually over my head, literally.

Miller0758

Re: Blackwater Tank Flush

JohnnyR

To the best of my knowledge -

1. only the front black tank is flushed. Not rear tank and not grey tank
2. the second female hose fitting is the flush connection; the smaller diameter hose that pulls out is to put into antifreeze bottle to winterize. Instructions should be found inside the door.

Hope this helps

JohnnyR

Thx, John. That helps a lot. So do you know why the winterizer extendable hose is not standard hose diameter fitting?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You can get a nylon fitting at Home Depot that will fit that antifreeze intake hose. One end will be male threads and the other will be a barbed fitting to attach a section of vinyl tubing. I just set the antifreeze bottles on the ground and use the tubing to suck it up.