hot/cold water surges

57chevyconvt

Tweitekamp, Thanks for the info. I will shop Tweey's website for the accumulator. I have the hose and fitting for the installation. I have installed a check valve in the hot water line to the shower to prevent cold water from by-passing or mixing through the shower valves when they are open while using the valve on the shower head. I think, the same principle applies here as would the mixing of the hot and cold water with the outside shower when these valves are left open. I got the check valve idea from ModMyRV.com.

mobilcastle

Anyone removed the check valve on the HWT altogether? I read on some forum this solved the problem with hot and cold using the pump or city water.

danemayer

Anyone removed the check valve on the HWT altogether? I read on some forum this solved the problem with hot and cold using the pump or city water.
If you have a single lever hot water heater bypass in the UDC, and use antifreeze to winterize, removing the check valve might allow antifreeze to flow into the hot water heater through the output line.

scottyb

I don't remember the brand of water pump, Surflo I think, but there was a screw on the head of the pump. I turned it and stopped the pulsing and solved the hot cold cycling.

I have had the exact same problem since replacing my 5.7 Shurflo with the 4048. The installation guide says that rapid cycling is caused by the shut off pressure point being too low. I will try to adjust mine this week and see if it solves my problem. I think the hot and cold cycling is probably due to the shower faucet's not being pressure balanced, like most home showers are.