Hot Water Bypass Valve

Greengas

Looking for a part number for my hot water bypass valve. I know I can order through heartland but I'd like to order today and they are not open the valve has a red handle and on the back there are three pex pipes connected to it thanks in advance

danemayer

Looking for a part number for my hot water bypass valve. I know I can order through heartland but I'd like to order today and they are not open the valve has a red handle and on the back there are three pex pipes connected to it thanks in advance
Hi Ronn,

Here's a link to JR Products page on diverters.

Greengas

Thanks Dan Just ordered it. Hopefully it won't be too hard to install. Next item, the dreaded anode rod to be followed by a good hot water tank flush Oh joy.

Greengas

So, I have the new Hot Water diverter valve. Now, has anyone on the forum replaced one of these things before? I'm looking to find out how easy/difficult they are to replace. For example, will I have to cut Pex pipes or just unscrew the connections from the old one and screw them into the new one?

I appreciate my upcoming education!

rjr6150

Ronn

To answer your question yes. I have access to a pex tool so went that route. If you don't head to one of the big box stores and grab Sharkbite couplers or whatever brand you prefer. As to removing the fittings from the valve body there are clips that hold the adapter on he valve. Think of snap ring. Be careful when pulling these off as the valve body is plastic.